Senior Trainer/Advisor in Higher Education (0.8-1.0 fte)
University of Groningen
Donald Smits Center for Information Technology
The University of Groningen is a university with a high international reputation for academic teaching and research. It offers degree programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in virtually every field. The University also offers a stimulating research environment, actively collaborating with the business world, government institutions and individuals. Students and PhD candidates from all over the world come to Groningen to study and conduct research for shorter or longer periods. The 400-year-old University of Groningen is an international research university with strong, thriving roots in the north of the Netherlands.
The Center for Information Technology (CIT) is a leading national and European institute in the field of information technology. Our ambition is to be your partner with reliable and innovative services.
The Educational Support & Innovation (ESI) department supports teaching in the broadest sense as a department of knowledge and expertise. It focuses on lecturers’ professional development, quality assurance in higher education and teaching innovation, with an emphasis on IT. The overarching objective is to improve the quality of higher education. ESI contributes to this by administering the University Teaching Qualification and the Senior Teaching Qualification processes and providing made-to-measure training for lecturers, for instance.
On behalf of ESI we are currently looking for a senior trainer/advisor in Higher Education.
The University of Groningen fulfils its teaching mission in an international environment that concentrates on development, ambition and commitment. The trainer/ advisor will be jointly responsible with other colleagues for activating, high-quality teaching in an academic community. He or she will fulfil this responsibility by designing and presenting passionate and inspiring didactic training courses and sessions for lecturers. A second important task is advising and supporting degree programmes and lecturers in curriculum improvement and quality assurance.
ESI recently started the Permanent Education project to respond to the question of how experienced lecturers can continuously work on their professional development and on improving their teaching. An important condition for this is a stimulating, challenging, varied, high-quality and attractive range of training courses which matches demand from lecturers, degree programmes and faculties. The new staff member will play an important role in developing and implementing this range.
- implementing professional development activities, coaching programmes and training sessions for higher education lecturers
- contributing to the development of the range of courses in the area of teaching development, professional development for lecturers and quality assurance
- advising and guiding individual lecturers on didactic questions and curriculum development elaborating
- on University-wide focus areas such as permanent education, internationalization and/or learning communities.
- a good discussion partner for colleagues, lecturers and managers in the teaching world, who can easily switch between English and Dutch
- a relevant academic degree certificate
- extensive work experience with project management, course design, advice and training (preferably in higher education)
- up to date on recent developments around the University Teaching Qualification, permanent education, internationalization and educational innovation in academic education
- excellent oral and written skills in English (and Dutch)
- communicative, good social skills, good IT skills, client-oriented and enthusiastic.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 48 maanden.
The University of Groningen offers a salary of € 4,597 gross per month (salary scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch universities), depending on the candidate’s qualifications and work experience. This is a temporary appointment for the duration of the project (four years). How to apply You may apply for this position until 27 September / before 28 September 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 4654.
For additional information, please contact:
Jaap Mulder, Coordinator Staff Development, +31 50 3635810 / +31 6 12473411
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 216253E
Digital application form