Grant Officer (0.8 FTE)
Working for UG/Campus Fryslân means working for the ambitious and newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in the center of Leeuwarden at walking distance from the train station. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research and is strongly connected to regional and (inter)national partners. Our philosophy is: finding local solutions for real-world global challenges. The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations give direction to our activities.
Campus Fryslân offers both a Bachelor and five Master degree programmes in Leeuwarden. The largest programme is the Bachelor Global Responsibility & Leadership of the University College Fryslân. New programmes are being developed.
Our research institute covers five research domains (‘flagships’): Governance, Sustainable Economy, Language, Technology & Culture, Sustainable Health and Knowledge Infrastructures. There is a vibrant and growing PhD community at the Graduate School of Campus Fryslân, distributed over the different flagships.
Our scientific and professional staff (45 FTE) work closely together in a true academic community, to fulfill Campus Fryslân’s mission based on everyone’s individual expertise and dedication.
As a Grant Officer you will be supporting the Faculty Board as well as the management of the Graduate School and Research Institute in the execution of their duties in the research domain, especially with regard to grant acquisition, and talent development of PhD students. You will be aligning with the Funding and Talent Development experts at central level.
Next to these task you will also fill the role of Privacy & Security Coordinator who supports the privacy-proofing processes and coordinates the policy of the Faculty in this domain, within a UG-wide framework. You will be the primary contact person for P & S-related questions from staff members in administration, education or research.
Finally you will provide some managerial support to the Director and Coordinator of the Graduate School with regard to administration of the PhD projects.
More concretely the following tasks will be part of the job:
- setting up and maintain CF’s grant acquisition policy
- supporting senior scientific staff in preparing, editing and submitting research grant proposals, acquiring project funding, etc.
- acting as first point of contact with regards to Privacy & Security issues in the faculty
- attending the Privacy & Security coordinator meetings on behalf of Campus Fryslân
- drawing up and executing the annual P&S work plan, in alignment with senior professional staff in the research, education and marketing domains
- supporting the Graduate School management in the administration of PhD projects and their registration in Hora Finita.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with some experience in university research policy, grant writing and/or privacy and security issues.
The ideal candidate has:
- a diploma of a relevant university degree programme
- preferably worked in a similar position with the University of Groningen or another institution for research
- experience with grant acquisition and management
- affinity with privacy and security policy or the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills for this
- good written and oral communication skills in English, preferably also in Dutch.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience and is up to a maximum of € 4,474 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position
- excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
- a temporary contract for one year that is based upon UFO-profile Beleidsmedewerker 5.
Preferred start date: 1 november or 1 december 2021
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 24 October 11:59pm / before 25 October 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Piet Bouma, Managing Director Campus Fryslân, +31 58 2055001 (secretary)
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T060221E