Academic Information Specialist Open Education (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Library (UB)
University of Groningen
The Open Science project team and the Education Support department of the University of Groningen Library are looking for a candidate to assist with the implementation of the Open Education pillar within the Open Science programme of the University Groningen (UG).
The Open Education pillar’s aim is to encourage and support teachers in adopting and adapting Open Educational Resources (OER). In line with Open Science principles, OER permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with limited or no restrictions. Open Education also enables educators to reuse and create innovative and learner-centered materials, supports lifelong learning and teacher/student co-creation, and helps keep education accessible and affordable for students. OER is in line with the Dutch Ministry of Education's mission & vision to make teaching/learning materials as open as possible over the coming 5 years, the “Versnellingsplan Onderwijsinnovatie met ICT” (specifically the Zone “Towards digital (open) educational resources”), the UNESCO Recommendation on OER, and the UNESCO guidelines for open skills/competences.
The desired candidate will assist with:
● developing and institutionalizing support services for Open Education (namely managing client relations via email and consultation sessions)
● developing support tools and guidelines that will help teachers to use and create OER
● engaging in advocacy and outreach efforts, including information sessions, presentations, pop-up workshops, etc.
● connecting the Library’s OER support services and copyright support services
● strengthening the cooperation between Open Education and other education support initiatives at the UG (Educational Support and Innovation, Teaching Academy Groningen, Ruggesteun, faculty-specific support services, etc.)
● implementing technical infrastructure for hosting, sharing and creating OER.
The desired candidate:
● has a Master degree or equivalent
● has affinity with Open Science principles and/or demonstrable understanding of Open Educational Resources
● has experience working on projects or in project environments
● is a quick and independent learner
● is good at planning, organizing and managing responsibilities
● works cooperatively with others, as well as independently
● has good interpersonal and customer service skills
● has excellent presentation and research skills
● has excellent command of English, both orally and in writing
● has a B1/B2 level mastery of Dutch.
Preferably, the candidate also has experience with:
● providing consultations to academic staff and support staff
● managing a functional e-mail account
● providing instruction or workshops.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a salary based on qualifications and experience up to a maximum of € 4.078 (scale 9 in the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position.
● a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
● an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance.
We are recruiting for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE. The initial appointment will be for one year. Within that year, we will meet to discuss your performance and if both parties are satisfied, you may be offered a permanent position.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 29 September 11:59pm / before 30 September 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221470