Education Administration Officer / Secretary Board of Examiners (0.8 FTE)
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden at walking distance from the train station. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research and is strongly connected to regional and (inter)national stakeholders. Our philosophy is: finding local solutions for real-world global challenges. The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations give direction to our activities.
Campus Fryslân offers both bachelor and master degrees in Leeuwarden. The largest programme is the bachelor Global Responsibility & Leadership of the University College Fryslân. Our ambition is to expand the amount of degree programmes in the coming years. At the moment Campus Fryslân employs around 50 people and 35 PhD’s.
Due to the change in positions of one of the colleagues, we are looking for a new Education Administration Officer in combination with the position of secretary for the Board of Examiners.
As an Education Administration Officer you will be in charge of the administrative processes (e.g. course administration, grading, examination process, course evaluations) for the degree programs of Campus Fryslân and provide support to both the lecturers and the students in this regard. As a secretary for the Board of Examiners you will provide administrative support to the Board of Examiners of Campus Fryslân that covers all degree programmes of the faculty.
You will be part of the Educational Support and Development team, consisting of 8 dedicated and enthusiastic members and you will work closely together with the other Education Administration Officer, the Administrative Assistant Education and the Chair of the Board of Examiners.
The following tasks will be part of the job:
- provide administrative support to the Board of Examiners, entailing organizing regular meetings for the Board, preparation and administrative handling of requests, archiving, thinking along in and proposing new procedures, etc.
- handle the administration of the degree programs, like course registration, grading, the examination process, course evaluations, archiving
- answer questions from students regarding the degree programs and the student and course administration at the Student Service Desk and via email
- support the degree programs in organizing events such as the introduction week (bachelors) and introduction day (masters), teaching staff meetings, etc.
- calendar management for the program director of University College Fryslân.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated experience in student affairs.
The ideal candidate has:
● a diploma of a relevant hbo degree program
● preferably worked in a similar position with the University of Groningen or another Institute for Higher Education. Experience as secretary of a Board of Examiners or a similar task is a pre
● good written and oral communication skills both in English and in Dutch
● the ability to work with Progress.Net, Progress.www, Nestor and Ocasys is a pre
● excellent organisational skills
● the ability to work in a dynamic situation while maintaining attention to detail
● the ability to relate to a wide range of audiences from different cultural backgrounds.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, up to a maximum of € 3,548 gross per month (scale 8) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• participation in a pension scheme for employees
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment.
The contract for this position will initially run for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension. At the end of the first year, an evaluation will take place to decide upon the extension.
Preferred start date: 1 August
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 24 June 11:59pm / before 25 June 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Chantal Vrijhof, Team manager Education Support and Development
+31 6 41149590
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221319
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Campus Fryslân