Marketing Officer (0.5 fte)
University of Groningen
Office of the University
The University of Groningen is currently ranked 80th in the world in the Times Higher Education World ranking with an internationally oriented education and research focus. We have a strong international reputation and collaborations between researchers on the frontiers of knowledge take place within extensive networks, affirming our strong, worldwide reputation. Chosen as one of the happiest cities in Europe, Groningen enjoys a bustling reputation with several international cultural events and a vibrant, youthful population.
Overview: Following the publication of a new University Strategic Plan with an aim to intensify the international nature of our academic community through growth and diversification, the University is looking to expand its International Marketing Team.
The Marketing Officer will be part of the University’s Marketing Team which sits within the Department of Communications. The post provides an opportunity for someone to develop their marketing & communications skills to contribute to a professional and ambitious team.
Determination to succeed as a member of a strong team is also essential as is evidence of strong influencing skills in support of achieving strategic objectives in a complex organisation.
Key Accountabilities/Primary Responsibilities:
- represent the University across a range of marketing activities including overseas education and recruitment exhibitions, undertake independent visits and deliver presentations about the University
- assist with drafting and preparing international marketing materials and presentations assigned markets
- develop effective working relationships with a range of external audiences, including partners and representatives, professional organisations such as EP-NUFFIC, as well as teachers and counsellors within the designated markets
- communicate with a diverse audience ranging from potential students and influencers whose first language may not be English to University stakeholders
- work with the international marketing team to write the marketing plans for your designated markets
- take responsibility for the implementation of the agreed marketing activities and regularly monitor and review these activities
- work closely with relevant internal colleagues include admissions, alumni faculty and marketing colleagues elsewhere in the organisation
- they will be expected to share ideas and best practice with the rest of the team
- participate in relevant projects from time to time and any other duties assigned by the Head of Marketing.
• first degree (bachelor’s degree) or equivalent
• good experience of international student recruitment or a similar role
• excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences from many different cultural backgrounds
• strong administration and IT skills
• ability to organise own workload under pressure of time, resources and attention to detail
• personal management skills to include consistent professional presentation, conduct and attitude
• ability to work effectively as part of a team or own initiative
• ability to develop marketing strategies and plan their implementation for a range of markets
• flexible in working hours – to accommodate overseas travel, occasional late nights and weekend working.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on knowledge and experience of max. € 3,247 at a fulltime position (scale 8 Dutch Universities). The appointment is for a year. Within this year an evaluation will take place to decide to what extent the appointment can be extended. Starting date: as soon as possible. Application You may apply for this position until 6 November 23.59h / before 7 November 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 3247.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T070216
Digital application form