Education administration and secretarial support officer Campus Fryslân 0.6 FTE
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden at walking distance from the train station. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research and is strongly connected to regional and (inter)national stakeholders. Our philosophy is: finding local solutions for real-world global challenges. The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations give direction to our activities.
Campus Fryslân offers both bachelor and Master degrees in Leeuwarden: the Bachelor Global Responsibility & Leadership of the University College Fryslân, the bachelor Data Science and Society and the masters Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Voice Technology, Tourism, Geography and Planning en Global Adaptation Governance. Our ambition is to expand the amount of degree programmes in the coming years. At the moment Campus Fryslân employs around 70 people and 35 PhD’s.
Due to sick leave of one of our colleagues, the Education Support and Development team is looking for an education administration and secretarial support officer. In the first instance, the position will be temporary for 10 months. Extension after this period is not excluded.
The new colleague provides administrative and secretarial support to the educational administration and the degree programmes at Campus Fryslân.
The work includes the following tasks:
● supporting the educational administration with administrative tasks such as archiving, making overviews, preparing diplomas, etc.
● secretarial support for the degree programmes, including planning and co-organizing programme-related meetings and events, such as meetings for (program) committees, introduction days, graduation ceremonies, etc. For the organization of the events you will work closely together with the employees of the front office and the Communications Department
● on the longer term: Implementing simple schedule changes and entering new bookings in the schedule system. This involves close collaboration with the roster coordinator and the front office
● depending on the developments with regards to the sick leave of our colleague, other administrative and secretarial tasks within the faculty can become part of the responsibilities.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague who:
● has completed administrative education (MBO/MBO+) or > 3 years of experience in an administrative position
● preferably worked in a comparable position within the University of Groningen or another higher education institution
● has good oral and written language skills in English, good command of the Dutch language is a plus
● can work accurately and independently
● functions well in a dynamic environment and has a proactive attitude.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 2,402 up to a maximum of € 3,026 gross per month (scale 6) for a full-time position. The position will be classified in the University Function Order system as ‘Administrative Assistant 1’
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• participation in a pension scheme for employees
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• initially a contract until 1 July 2023, with the possibility of an extension.
Preferred start date: 1 September 2022, or earlier if possible
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You may apply for these positions until 10 July 11:59 pm / before 11 July 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Chantal Vrijhof, Team manager Education Support and Development
+31 6 41149590
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 222404E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Campus Fryslân