Communication Officer (0.8 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has around 6,500 students and 650 members of staff, who together form an inspirational academic community. A quarter of our students and staff come from international backgrounds. FEB provides an ambitious, open, dynamic working environment, in which staff are encouraged to develop their talents. The Faculty is one of the 1% of business schools in the world that boasts both AACSB and the EQUIS accreditation.
The Department of Marketing, International Affairs and Communication (MIC) works hard to raise the Faculty’s profile, and provide clear, promotional communication for the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Groningen. A team of around 20 people is currently working to create and implement an effective strategy for national and international marketing and communication policy. We focus on all of the target groups which are relevant to the Faculty: current and prospective students in the Netherlands and abroad, academics and researchers, the business sector and the general public. We are taking a modern approach to creating a clear profile for FEB, as a teaching institute, an employer, a research and knowledge centre anda partner for businesses and organisations in the Northern Netherlands and beyond.
As a communication officer, you know exactly when to communicate what. You are full of ideas about how to get your message across to various target groups, both online and offline. Your activities are related to FEB’s career services and alumni relations and general communications activities which contribute to the goals of the MIC department.
FEB aims to strengthen the professional preparation and employability of our students. Therefore, FEB offers career services and activities. We are looking for a Communications Officer to enforce the communication about these services. Your tasks focus mainly on promoting career services and alumni events towards our current students and our alumni: providing text, visuals and video through all available, online and offline, communication channels and coordinate communications productions in close collaboration with our designers and printer. Next to that, you will help organise various alumni events in cooperation with our alumni officer.
Next to that, as part of the MIC in- and external communications team, you will strengthen the brand, reputation and positioning of FEB. You will participate in our social media team, overarching communication projects and connect with stakeholders within and outside FEB.
It is a very varied job: one day you’ll be organising an event, another day you’ll be working on a creative campaign, and somewhere in between you’ll be writing articles for various media, including the intranet, and social media, which you will help co-coordinate.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and qualifications:
- a degree from a university or a university of applied sciences, preferably in marketing or communication
- the ability to work independently and a few years’ relevant work experience in target group-based communication
- a straightforward style of communication, and the ability to set and achieve clear goals
- a team player, capable of working in a project structure
- the ability to create attractive materials and content for various communication formats and channels
- the ability to create and use an internal network to generate connections
- excellent written and spoken skills in Dutch and English
- flexibility, a proactive attitude, cultural awareness and customer orientation.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 05 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a gross monthly salary depending on qualifications, competency and work experience between € 2,656 and € 3,548 (salary scale 8) for a full-time position
• excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus on an annual basis
• a temporary appointment to cover maternity leave from 1 April 2021 until 1 September 2021.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 7 March 11:59pm / before 8 March 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Caroline de Vries, Head of MIC
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T010221