Tenure Track Assistant Professor HRM and Organizational Behavior (1.0 FTE)
Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
The Department of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour (HRM&OB) is part of the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. The department is seeking candidates for a fulltime tenure track faculty position (rank: assistant professor) in the area of HRM&OB.
We are a highly regarded and productive research group. Our cutting edge (mono- and interdisciplinary) research is currently built around the themes of diversity, teams, innovation, leadership and (un)ethical behaviour (see: http://www.rug.nl/research/hrm-ob/research/research and http://www.rug.nl/research/hrm-ob/research/selected-publications). We use a large variety of research methods (using field, experimental, and archival data) and deal with applied, as well as fundamental research questions. The Faculty possesses very good research facilities. Faculty members have an excellent network in industry, providing access to (industry funded) organisational field research. To facilitate access to industry, we have a leading role in the centre of expertise HRM/OB (https://www.rug.nl/hrm-ob/) and the interdisciplinary centre of expertise In the lead (https://www.rug.nl/inthelead/). The department has an internationally oriented work environment with collaboration and exchange with leading universities around the world.
We currently have 6 full professors, 3 visiting/honorary professors, 3 associate professors, 6 assistant professors, 14 PhD students, and 1 lecturer. The department contributes to several degree programmes at the Bachelor and Master level and to the Research Master of the graduate school, SOM. The department is responsible for a one-year English spoken MSc-HRM programme.
• conduct empirical research in the field of HRM and/or OB
• communicate about research findings in high-quality scientific journals, at international conferences, and in practitioner-oriented outlets
• contribute to the acquisition of external funding of research projects and (co)supervision of PhD students
• teach courses in the faculty's Bachelor and Master programmes
• participating in committees at the department and faculty levels.
• the candidate should have a completed PhD in a relevant field (Business Administration, HRM, OB, Organisational Sociology, Psychology or a related area)
• expertise in one of the above fields, demonstrated by evidence of the ability (or demonstration of potential) to publish in international, academic (top or very good) peer reviewed journals
• interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• an international network
• organisational qualities and excellent communication skills
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 84 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,746 gross per month (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,826 gross per month (scale 12) for a fulltime position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• participation in a pension scheme for employees.
The chosen candidate will be appointed for a period of seven years. This period includes a one-year buffer to cover life events such as illness or parental leave. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the fifth or sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. The Tenure Track system is a career path which, followed successfully, will lead to a tenured position as associate professor. The tenure track system 2020 applies.
Starting date: preferably 1 September 2021; in mutual consultation a specific agreement can be made.
Applicants are requested to submit:
1. a motivation letter
2. A complete curriculum vitae
3. three letters of recommendation
4. one self-selected "best paper" (either a published paper or working paper)
5. a short statement of research accomplishments and future research goals
6. five keywords descriptive of research area.
You may apply for this position before 15 March 2021, Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university's website), see: http://www.rug.nl/[…]/english-job-vacancies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Bernard Nijstad
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221087
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:About Tenure Track About the Department of HRM&OB