Spanish Proficiency Teachers/ Profesores de ELE (1.2 - 1.4 FTE)
Faculty of Arts
University of Groningen
Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Flexible study programmes and academic career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 33.500 students and researchers alike to develop their own individual talents. As one of the best research universities in Europe, the University of Groningen has joined forces with other top universities and networks worldwide to become a truly global centre of knowledge.
Faculty of Arts - BA European Languages and Cultures
The Faculty of Arts is building on a longstanding tradition of four centuries. Its mission is to be an ambitious top-ranking faculty in terms of both education and high-quality research, with a strong international orientation, firmly rooted in the North of the Netherlands. The Faculty creates and shares knowledge through outstanding education and high-quality research, beneficial to society. The Faculty educates more than 5.000 students, both Dutch and international, in a modern, broad and international institution, producing forward-looking, articulate and intellectually independent graduates.
Students of the BA European Languages and Cultures (ELC) choose a major profile (Language and Society, Culture and Literature, Politics and Society) in combination with one of eight languages. Next to French, we offer Dutch, English, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. The language programmes build on the expertise of a motivated international team of language teaching staff, who ensure learning the language is fully integrated with learning about the target language and culture. At ELC, we use effective research-led teaching techniques and cutting-edge technology to support language learning and to strengthen our students' profiles as future language ambassadors and cultural mediators for Europe.
You will prepare, oversee, organise and teach courses on Spanish language following the method developed by the Spanish Language Proficiency Team which is based on the Language Learning Team’s mission statement.
You will work closely together with colleagues from the Spanish team and with other colleagues within the programme of European Languages and Cultures, on further developing the method. See here for more information on the programme. (https://www.rug.nl/bachelors/european-languages-and-cultures/)
● you have native or equivalent C2 level proficiency in Spanish
● you have relevant teaching qualifications (preferably a Master ELE, teaching Spanish as a foreign language)
● you have relevant teaching experience:
o teaching courses up to C1 level
o teaching through a task based methodology and flipped classroom approach and using the CEFR
o using CIT to enhance your teaching
● you like to work both independently and in a team, producing high quality work
● your strengths are didactic creativity, autonomy, good communication, transparency, trustworthiness, willingness to share and collaborate, consciousness about workload
● mastering one of the other languages taught in our bachelor programme (Dutch, English, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish) is an advantage
● you have the ability to communicate and take active part in meetings in English (CEFR C1 level for reading, listening, writing, speaking) and preferably Dutch.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 07 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 2,790 (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 5,127 (salary scale 11) gross per month for a full-time position
● 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
● participation in a pension scheme for employees
● favourable tax agreements for non-Dutch applicants may be applicable
● 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full-time employment.
Your appointment will be on a temporary basis for 7 months.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse faculty. All qualified applicants will receive our full consideration.
You may apply for this position until 22 November 11:59 p.m. / before 23 November 2020 Dutch local time(CET) by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the University website). Please note that a proof lecture may be part of the selection procedure.
You can fill in the form and upload 3 PDF files:
- a letter of motivation in Spanish and English
- a CV in English with the names and contact details of three referees
- a statement on your own teaching goals and experience (maximum two pages in total), taking into account our mission statement. You can upload this under ”extra document” on the website in English.
Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be taken into consideration.
The selection interviews will take place in the first week of December 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Mrs G.A. (Gerdientje) Oggel, Lecturer of Spanish Proficiency
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 220368-69
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Language Learning Team’s mission statement