Curriculum developer in Science & Engineering Education (0.5 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is with its size of over 1.300 staff members, approximately 6.000 students, and over 800 PhD students the largest faculty of the University of Groningen. The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering (USSE) is within FSE responsible for the education in the bachelor programmes and for the implementation of faculty and university policy regarding students and educational development.
The position involves tasks in the design and support of teacher training activities, specifically related to the course ‘Teacher Training for PhDs’. The development of teaching activities and course materials will be performed in collaboration with several international partners within the European ERASMUS+ project ‘Research in Teacher Education (RiTE)’. Together with the teacher trainers in the course, the candidate will develop innovative curricula in alignment with the theoretical foundation and background developed in the RiTE project. In addition, the candidate will support and assist in project management activities during the RiTe project. The position is temporary for one year, with the perspective of prolongation with one additional year.
- development of innovative course materials and teaching activities for the course ‘Teacher training for PhDs’ in collaboration with European partners in the RiTE project
- coordination of the implementation and evaluation of the curricula
- support and assistance in project management activities regarding the RiTE project.
● Bachelor or Master degree in science/engineering or science/engineering education
● some experience in teaching science or engineering at upper secondary, Bachelor or Master level
● advanced communication skills in English; fluency in Dutch would be a plus.
● advanced competencies in problem solving, planning & organizing
● an independent and entrepreneurial work attitude
● experience in managing and/or developing learning environments, student activities and course materials, e.g. communication tools, websites, forms and applications would be a plus
● experience in (pre-service) teacher education would be welcome.
Contractduur: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement with Dutch Universities:
• a salary with a minimum of € 2,709 (salary scale 10) for a fulltime appointment
• a part-time position (0.5 FTE)
• UFO-profile Education Development Officer
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• an appointment for initially one year, with the possibility for one year extension after a positive evaluation
Starting date: 1 January 2020
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• cover letter
• curriculum vitae
You can submit your application until 15 December 11:59pm / before 16 December 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kunt u contact opnemen met:
Dr Ria Dolfing, Project coordinator
+31 50 3633461
Noemt u in uw sollicitatie altijd het vacaturenummer 219596