Marketing Officer of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies (0.8 FTE)
Faculteit Godgeleerdheid en Godsdienstwetenschap
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies is a small, close-knit and thriving faculty with a strong international reputation. It prides itself on its outstanding teaching and research in the area of religion and culture.
Its high-quality teaching is delivered with a high staff-student ratio. The benefits of this approach can be seen, for example, in the fact that the Dutch Higher Education Guide (Keuzegids Universiteiten) recognizes both of the Faculty’s Bachelor’s programmes as ‘Top Degree Programmes’. Over the coming years, the Faculty aims to further enhance its position as an internationally renowned centre of expertise in the area of religion and culture and to attract more international students, increase opportunities for international student exchanges and recruit renowned scholars and talented young academics.
Research at the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies is overseen by the Centre for Religious Studies (CRS). The CRS covers a wide and varied research landscape, from the study of classic world religions to research into religious developments and normative and ethical issues in contemporary multicultural society. The quality, relevance and vitality of the Faculty’s research was judged from ‘very good’ to ‘excellent’ during the 2018 research visitation.
The CRS also includes the Graduate School, which offers both a Research Master’s programme and a PhD programme.
The Faculty is divided into three departments comprising academic staff and an additional Faculty Office. The Faculty Office comprises 15 staff members who are responsible for supporting the teaching and research conducted within the Faculty.
The Marketing Officer is responsible for the further development and implementation of the Faculty’s international and online recruitment activities, which aim to attract a higher influx of Bachelor’s and Master’s students from The Netherlands and abroad.
The Faculty strives for 30% of the students enrolled in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Religious Studies and in the English-taught Master’s degree programmes to be international. The Marketing Officer will contribute to increasing the visibility of our programmes among prospective students abroad, as well as among students within The Netherlands through online campaigns. The online campaigns must be affiliated with the on-site activities that we organize (information days and in-depth activities for school pupils). The Marketing Officer will therefore work closely with the communications advisor, who is responsible for the communications policy, and the coordinator of activities for school pupils. On a University-wide scale, the Marketing Officer represents the Faculty in the Online Marketing Meeting and the International Marketing Meeting (IMO).
The primary tasks of the Marketing Officer are:
• to develop and implement online marketing activities (Google AdWords, SEO, landing pages for online campaigns, teasers/promotional videos)
• to set up social media campaigns (organic and paid campaigns)
• to advise staff members in the area of social media
• to initiate international marketing/student recruitment activities (study portals, webinars, Virtual UG, following up on leads, conversion activities such as newsletters) and to develop, implement and evaluate policy
• to manage student ambassadors
• to conduct many analyses and reports in the area of online and offline marketing activities (ROI, KPIs)
• to implement and monitor the allocation procedure for Talent Grants and Holland Scholarships
• to further expand the joint marketing campaign with the PThU (Protestant Theological University) for the Bachelor’s degree programme in Theology
• to organize Master’s information sessions.
An affinity with the topics that the Faculty teaches is an advantage.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and decisive staff member who possesses:
• a completed degree from a university of applied sciences in the area of marketing and/or communication
• at least two years’ worth of relevant work experience
• knowledge and experience with marketing and communication, preferably in the field of higher education
• the following competences: entrepreneurship, independence in working, result-orientation, an ability to inspire, an ability to make connections, practicality, the ability to work in a team, organizational talent. Intercultural competences are also essential for this position
• excellent speaking and writing skills in Dutch and English (level B2/C1 of the CEFR).
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a minimum salary of € 2,579 and a maximum salary of € 3,445 (scale 8) gross per month for a full-time position
• an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus based on annual gross income
• a temporary appointment of 0.8 FTE for the period of one year, with the possibility to extend this for a further year. Working hours may be decided upon in consultation.
Starting date: Tuesday 1 February 2020
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- an application letter
- a curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 1 December 11:59pm / before 2 December 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Only submissions via the application form will be considered.
The first round of interviews will be held on 10 December 2019. A second interview round may be held as part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Nienke Bastiaans, Managing Director
+31 50 3633785
Charissa Caron, Communications Advisor
+31 50 3635597
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219570E