Coordinator support and development of educational applications (2.0 FTE)
Center for Information Technology
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is among the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The university is socially active and feels involved in
her environment. Researchers and teachers conduct their research in a broad range of fields with scientific passion. Everyone is enabled to get the best out of it
to get themselves. Talent, ambition and achievement of the 31,000 students and 5,600 employees are stimulated as much as possible.
Center for Information Technology
The Center for Information Technology (CIT) of the University of Groningen is a eading national and European expertise center in the field of information and communication technology (ICT). With approximately 250 employees, the CIT manages the necessary facilities and supporting processes for all students and employees. In line with the university's strategic plan is the focus in education & ICT on active learning and on campus educations; the focus in research & ICT is on human data and Big Data technologies. These are on top of excellent IT infrastructure to support staff and students, including business management systems. With staff and facilities from the highest level, CIT can act as an enabler and innovator in education and research. This is achieved through develop services together with people who use them. The strength of the university community is thus used to innovate and improve quality throughout the organization. This leads to a university of Groningen that appeals to students, teachers and researchers because of the high-end ICT facilities. Our core values are: respect, collegiality, together, fun, openness and commitment.
Students, teachers and educational supporters are increasingly using educational applications. To be able to properly support the demand from education on the one hand insight into the wishes and processes from education, on the other hand knowledge and insight into how existing (or new) educational applications can be used to work on to meet customer demand. This support is provided by a single multidisciplinary team with user support and advice, functional and technical management, but also innovation by advising on and implementing purchased applications or the technical development and integration of applications.
To support better the entire amount of educational applications and to improve the demand for innovation we are expanding the number of coordinators from two to four. We are looking for a colleague for the Learning Environment cluster and for the Educational Logistics cluster. You work together with these coordinators, the rest of the team of 20-25 part-time student assistants, four developers / administrators and the service owner. The coordinators are responsible for the coordination of one or more education services and should be able to do so to take over the work of a colleague coordinator. The coordinators work under supervision of the service owner.
The distribution of services is as follows:
- cluster Learning environment with the services Student portal, Learning environment, Digital Assessments and Automatic lecture recordings and associated applications Blackboard, building blocks and various integrated purchased applications and Presentations2Go; the coordinator to be appointed, together with the current coordinator (s), will take care of the services and projects
- cluster Education Logistics with the services Education Catalog, SIS, Timetables, Career Services, Professional and Curriculum evaluations, Quality assurance and associated applications Ocasys, Progress, Syllabus, Grad Leaders, Blue Evaluations, Quamatrix; the new coordinator to be appointed will take care of the renewal of Ocasys and, among others, the current coordinator (s) take care of the services and projects.
In addition to the cooperation within the team in which you work, you work closely with the three other teams within ESI: Teacher Professionalization, Test Support and Educational Innovation and Research.
You offer appropriate support and advice in an environment which requires a robust service but also a flexible solution-oriented attitude. Besides a strong analytical ability, you have good insight into academic education, educational processes and the administrative organization. You have very good communication skills and the ability to translate educational activities into existing and possible new ICT solutions that fit within the educational services and the educational chain of the UG.
- a completed university education
- minimal five years of relevant work experience with the support of education and educational innovation
- minimal five years of relevant work experience in a position in which communication with (end) users was important
- experience with large and complex (educational) organizations
- experience with innovative education projects and ICT
- experience with analyzing different wishes and translate to simple reusable solutions
- experience with helping to solve user problems
- good Dutch and English language skills
- knowledge of the educational applications used is an advantage
- knowledge of things like HTML, Excel, software development is an advantage.
The person we are looking for scores high on the analytical skills competencies, result orientation, oral and written expression and persuasiveness.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer a salary, depending on education and experience of € 2,709 (salary scale 10 Dutch Universities) gross per month up to a maximum of € 4,978 (scale 11) gross per month. It is a full-time appointment for the period of 2 years with the prospect of an employment contract for an indefinite period of time.
Date of employment: as soon as possible
You may apply for this position until 22 April 11.59pm / before 23 April 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Mrs Dr L.D. Bakalis
+ 31 50 3638520
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219107-08E