Tenure Track Assistant Professor HRM and Organizational Behavior (1.0 fte)
University of Groningen
Faculty of Economics and Business
The Department of Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior (HRM&OB) of the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen, The Netherlands, is seeking candidates for a fulltime tenure track faculty position (rank: assistant professor) in the area of HRM&OB.
The department is a highly regarded and productive research group, conducting cutting edge field and experimental research that is currently built around the themes of diversity, teams, innovation, leadership and (un)ethical behavior (see: http://www.rug.nl/research/hrm-ob/research/research and http://www.rug.nl/research/hrm-ob/research/selected-publications). We use a large variety of research methods and deal with applied, as well as fundamental research questions. The Faculty possesses very good research facilities and faculty members have an excellent network in industry, providing access to (industry funded) organizational field research. The department has an internationally oriented work environment with collaboration and exchange with leading universities around the world.
The department has 7 tenured faculty professors, 2 tenure track faculty professors, 3 visiting professors, 3 assistant professors, 1 lecturer, and 11 PhD students with a wide variety of interests and backgrounds - all with a keen focus on quality scholarship. The department contributes to several degree programmes at the bachelor and master level and to the research master of the graduate school, SOM. The department oversees a one-year English spoken MSc-HRM programme.
• conducting empirical research in the field of HRM and/or OB, with preferably a focus on applied research
• the proven ability to communicate about research findings in high-quality scientific journals, at international conferences, and in practitioner-oriented outlets
• contributing to the acquisition of external funding of research projects and (co)supervising of PhD students
• teaching courses in the faculty's bachelor and master programmes
• participating in committees at the department and faculty levels.
• the candidate should have a completed PhD in a relevant field (Business Administration, HRM, OB, Organizational Sociology, Psychology or a related area)
• expertise in one of the above fields, demonstrated by evidence of the ability (or demonstration of potential) to publish in international academic publications in top tier or very good, peer reviewed journals
• proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• an international network
• organizational qualities and excellent communication skills
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 70 months.
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,427 gross per month (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,330 gross per month (salary scale 12 Dutch Universities) for a fulltime position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus based on the annual salary and participation in a pension scheme for employees. The chosen candidate will be appointed for a period of six years. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. Starting date: preferably 1 September 2017; in mutual consultation a specific agreement can be made. Application You may apply for this position until 25 October / before 26 oktober 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Applicants are requested to submit: 1. A motivation letter 2. A complete curriculum vitae 3. Three letters of recommendation 4. One self-selected "best paper" (either a published paper or working paper) and five keywords descriptive of research area 5. A short statement of research accomplishments and future research goals. Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 5330.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Onne Janssen
+31 50 3637199,
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 216304
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:
About the Department of HRM&OB
Digital application form