PhD project Quantification and Methodology in Clinical Oncology PET/CT
Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
You will be appointed within the department Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging at the UMCG Groningen under the direct supervision of a medical physicist and a nuclear medicine physician. You work will focus on intepretation, quantification and image analysis of various new clinical PET tracers used in oncology. Moreover, you will develop, implement and evaluate new image analysis methods and quantitative metrics and assess their clinical value. Also you will have the opportunity to clinically evaluate the performance of a new and unique imaging technologies. With this PhD position you will help to improve the quantitative intepretation and the clinical implementation of new radiotracers and image methodologies for clinical use.
During the project you will take care of clinical research studies, be part of the execution of these study and do the analysis and intepretation of new radiotracers and imagings technologies.
- You should preferably have a MSc degree in technical medicine, (medical) physics, medicine, biomedical sciences or a master degree in an equivalent direction.
- You have interest in performing image analysis and PET pharmacokinetic analysis.
- You like to be involved in the execution and data collection of the research studies. This means that you are willing to work with patients in the context of executing clinical studies.
- You have experience with or like to learn programming with matlab and/or python.
- You are able to work in a multidisciplinary environment, have good communicative skills and be proficient in Dutch and English.
- You will complete the 4-year PhD project by writing a dissertation on the results of the project.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. You may be required to build up a sufficient protection against Hepatiitis B before you can be appointed. Vaccination is provided by the UMCG if necessary.
Conditions of employment
Your salary is € 2.279,- gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 2.919,- gross per month in the last year (scale PhD). In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
The duration of the project is four years. You will be able to develop your research skills within highly experienced and internationally recognized research groups and in addition will receive education within institute research schools.
For more information about the PhD position you may contact:
Prof. dr. R. Boellaard, department of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging
e-mail: email@example.com (please do not use for applications)
Applying for a job
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
You can apply until 29 October 2017.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.
Digital application form