Management/Office Assistent FSE – ESD Group (0.6 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
Due to retirement, the position of secretary becomes available at the Engineering Systems and Design Group (ESD Group), with a size of 0.6 FTE.
The secretary independently supports the ESD Group. We are a closely cooperating group with 18 scientific staff members who mainly provide education in the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE). We are also involved in (research) projects within FSE, often in collaboration with the business community. FSE is a very international faculty, with a large proportion of international staff and students. In this international working environment, the language of communication with teachers and students is often English.
As a secretary, you perform secretarial work independently or together with your colleagues from the group. You have a number of fixed and recurring tasks and appointments, but every day is different. You have a lot of freedom in your work: you organize your working day yourself and, in consultation, you can also organize your working week flexibly. If you have room for some extra tasks and are looking for an extra challenge, there are always projects where you can express your creativity. Development is central to the university and there are also various opportunities to further develop your own qualities. You work together with different people, in a complex and dynamic environment. Your duties consist of:
- general tasks such as taking care of correspondence, agenda management, archiving, managing mailboxes
- co-organizing and organizing various meetings related to the work of the group, such as symposia, meetings with staff members and students
- administrative work, such as creating and maintaining (financial) overviews.
We are looking for a new employee who gets energy from collaborating with colleagues and support staff and students. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and social, dares to take initiative, is accurate and flexible. You think about the work processes and where they can be improved. You have an antenna for how an organization works and are willing to learn.
We expect you to:
- has at least middle vocational training (MBO), or middle school for higher education (HAVO/VWO) working and thinking level and at least three years of relevant secretarial/administrative or other relevant work experience. A completed secretarial training is a plus
- have a good command of the Dutch and English language, both oral and written
- have up-to-date knowledge of the MS Office package (Word, Excel) and Google Docs
- has excellent organizational and communication skills
- have the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer in accordance with the Collective Agreement of Dutch Universities:
- depending on age, education and experience a salary of at least € 2,618 to a maximum of € 3,298 (scale 6 - UFO profile: Management/Office assistant 3) gross per month for full employment
- 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus over the annual gross income
- if you opt for a 40-hour working week, you are entitled to more than 8 weeks' vacation per year
- good secondary benefits (training arrangement, bicycle plan, laptop arrangement, etc.)
- an appointment initially for the period of one year with the possibility of extension to permanent employment if you perform well.
More information about our employment conditions can be found here: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/new-staff/conditions-of-employment
Date of commencement of employment: in consultation
You can apply by sending your application letter and curriculum vitae before October 2, exclusively via the application form.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Gerald Jonker, head of ESD Group
In your application, please always include the job opening ID V23.0612