Senior HR advisor (0.8 FTE)
Office of the University
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen (UG) ranks among the best research universities in Europe and has an international focus. The UG is socially active and closely involved with its surroundings. Our staff put their academic passion to good use, researching and teaching in a wide range of fields. This societal contribution is not to be underestimated. All members of the University community have the opportunity to develop themselves and their teams to the fullest. In order to achieve this, as much space as possible is given to talent, ambition, drive, and the achievements of our 36,000 students and approximately 7,500 staff members.
We are still looking for a senior HR advisor for the HR team of the Faculty of Arts. The HR advisor will be part of the central HR Advice secretariat, but will be employed by the Faculty. The Faculty of Arts is going through significant changes and has created an ambitious Strategic Plan for the coming years, in which the further professionalization of HR policy is an important component.
We are looking for a colleague with an affinity for teaching and research, who has experience with being an HR advisor in a complex organization, and who is very comfortable in a political/strategic environment. The different teams of the HR Advice section fall under the Human Resources department of the University of Groningen, which also includes the HR Innovation, HR Experts, and HR Services sections. The Human Resources department is part of the Office of the University.
The senior HR advisor will be the discussion partner for the Board of the University and for supervisors who handle strategic and tactical issues on a personal and organizational level.
The HR advisor will perform the following duties:
● advise the Faculty Board, the cluster managers, and supervisors regarding HR issues, including issues concerning HR policy and issues involving a high level of organizational complexity
● contribute to the development of HR tools
● support management staff in HR issues regarding job performance, sick leave, and reintegration, and hold Results & Development interviews
● initiate and elaborate policy proposals regarding HR topics within the department, and translate University-wide policy into the departmental context (including the Strategic Personnel Planning)
● advise on and guide the changes in the organization or in processes
● participate in project teams or as the project leader for a HR project resulting from the Faculty's Strategic Plan.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and decisive professional with a degree related to HR (from a university or a university of applied sciences), and with ample experience as an HR advisor, who:
● has experience with complex, strategic issues
● enjoys and has experience with organizational and developmental projects, and possesses the necessary qualities for this, such as seniority, creativity, flexibility, drive, and the ability to find new solutions together
● has the ability to work independently, and in a pleasant and inspiring manner within a team
● has the ability to translate HR policy and tools to the Faculty context and specific case studies
● continuously sets the right priorities, is quick to change gears, and who possesses the following abilities and skills: analytical abilities, persuasive skills, decisiveness, empathy, good social skills, excellent communication skills and advisory skills, organizational sensitivity, and a strategic approach
● has an excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a maximum salary, depending on qualifications and experience, of € 5,211 (salary scale 11) gross per month for a full-time position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance.
Strategic plan Faculty of Arts: https://www.rug.nl/let/onze-faculteit/actueel/nieuwsberichten-2021/the-board-of-the-ug-approves-new-strategic-plan-faculty-of-arts-building-the-state-of-the-arts
Start date: 1 January 2022
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 12 December 11:59pm / before 13 December 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).Only submissions via the application form will be considered.
The interviews will be held on 19 December 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Frank Nienhuis, Head of HR Advice
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221651E