Teacher trainer/Curriculum developer in Science & Engineering Education 1.4 FTE
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science and engineering disciplines, from traditional disciplines, such as physics and biology, to interdisciplinary disciplines, such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The School of Science and Engineering of the faculty provide 14 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to more than 6.000 students. The faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are taught in English.
Education within the faculty is supported by the PIE Team (Professionalization and Innovation in Education). This team consists of educational developers and trainers, and is responsible for:
● development of and innovation in all the science and engineering curricula
● the educational and intercultural professionalization of students and staff
● integration and support of e-learning tools in science and engineering education.
In the team, an individual generally focuses on one of these areas, but works with team members who specialise in the other areas in order to support educational excellence.
The School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a temporary position(s) as teacher trainer/curriculum developer (1.4 FTE in total).
● supervise and assess UTQ candidates
● organise and teach professional development trainings for teaching staff, PhD students and/or student assistants in a blended learning format (or only online during the current COVID regulations)
● support curriculum development within designated study programmes
● provide additional professional development activities
● cooperate with colleagues to share knowledge and expertise to ensure that the three core responsibilities of the team are met.
You will work closely with FSE’s curriculum developers in the PIE team. You will report to the Head of the PIE team.
This position has opened due to people being on sick leave and we are looking for someone to start immediately.
What we expect of you:
• experience teaching in secondary or tertiary science education
• experience organising professional development activities and curriculum development in higher education is an advantage
• experience training or coaching teachers is an advantage
• comfortable teaching online and in a blended format, using various tools
• commitment to quality education
• excellent social skills to be able to work in a complex, international organization
• excellent communication skills in English
• a Master degree, preferably in one of the fields of the faculty or in science education
• a PhD degree is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 06 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a salary with a minimum of € 2,790 (salary scale 10) up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
● in addition to the salary 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
● an appointment for six months
● a great team to be part of.
Further conditions of employment can be found here: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of motivation (in English)
You can submit your application at any time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. Beth Yoder, Head of the Professionalization & Innovation in Education (PIE) Team
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T035-36221
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Read more about the conditions of participation More about Project database