Postdoc Researcher in Economic/Financial History (0.8 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The Postdoc researcher will work within the Economic History Chair group. The group is part of the Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance and is responsible for research in economic history and teaching in various bachelor, master and doctoral programmes in economics, business economics, finance and econometrics. The department is an active and international research community, performing to the highest international levels in research and publications.
The University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, is seeking to appoint a Postdoc researcher in Economic/Financial History within the Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance from September/October 2021 onwards, for a period of three years.
The Postdoc researcher will be active within the NWO-funded project ‘Taking Stock. The Amsterdam exchange, investor behavior, and Dutch economic growth, 1870-1940’. We seek a candidate who will study the investment behavior of Dutch investors using succession tax files and data from price currents of the Amsterdam exchange to answer questions about the importance of the exchange for investors and investor portfolio choices.
Candidates have excellent research skills in particular in economic, financial, or business history. Candidates have the ability to conduct original research and to publish in high-ranked international journals. Candidates have a track record of high-quality academic research.
To qualify candidates should have:
• a PhD in economic/financial/business history or economics/finance
• expertise in the above mentioned research area demonstrated by the ability (or the potential) to publish in international academic peer-reviewed journals
• skills in data collection, management, analysis and representation
• proficiency in Dutch and English
• the potential to generate external funding for future research projects.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 36 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,746 gross per month to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees; favourable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants
• an appointment for a period of three years
• in case the candidate prefers a full time (1.0 FTE) position duties of the Postdoc researcher will be extended to teaching and supervision responsibilities within the department.
We expect that the candidate starts by September/October 2021
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following requested documents:
1. a motivation letter
2. a complete curriculum vitae
3. two letters of recommendation
4. one self-selected academic paper or book chapter
5. a short statement of research accomplishments and future research goals.
You can submit your application until 1 July 11:59 pm / before 2 July 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Niels Hermes, Head of the Department
Prof. Herman de Jong, Chair of Economic History
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221373
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance Research institute Economics, Econometrics & Finance