Study advisor / Staff member International Office (0.8 FTE)
Faculty of Law
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen is a modern, internationally oriented institution, which builds on a longstanding tradition of almost four centuries. The Faculty has the ambition to measure itself with the best law universities in Europe. It offers several (inter)national bachelor and master programmes and with more than 4,000 students and almost 350 staff members, the Faculty forms a vibrant community.
The International Office of the Faculty of Law is looking for a (temporary) staff member. This staff member would be working as a study adviser and administrative coordinator for the Advanced LLM in Energy Law offered by the North Sea Energy Law Partnership(NSELP) in which the Faculty takes the lead; the Advanced LLM in Energy Law is a joint master with the universities of Oslo, Copenhagen and Aberdeen.
The new colleague will work within the International Office with a range of duties in the area of study advice and information for current and prospective students, combined with administrative duties.
Study advice and information:
• be available to give current students, both regular and Advanced LLM, advice on all topics they can come across during their studies
• answer questions and provide advice on all topics regular and Advanced LLM students can come across during their studies by email
• coordinate and execute all tasks related to Binding Study Advice for the first year bachelor students
• give information to prospective regular and Advanced LLM students, mainly through email.
• provide students with the necessary documentation and transcripts of studies
• handle the process of producing degree certificates
• organize social events (e.g. excursions, graduation ceremonies) together with the secretary of the International Office
• admission of Advanced LLM students
• general coordination of the Advanced LLM in Energy Law programme, including liaising with partner universities
• the financial administration of the Advanced LLM in Energy Law
• being able to flexibly between different tasks.
Besides basic competences as empathy, verbal communication, integrity, result orientation, planning and organizing, accuracy, cooperating and capacity to learn, we are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
• a fully completed bachelor’s degree, minimum level University of Applied Science (HBO), strong preference for a law degree
• flexible availability
• demonstrable knowledge of both English and Dutch at CEFR C1-level
• ability to work independently as well as in a team
• ample experience in similar positions
• experience in working with databases and programmes like Wordpress.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience between € 2,835 gross per month up to a maximum of € 3,895 gross per month (scale 9) for a fulltime (1.0 FTE) position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
- 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- a temporary appointment for a fixed period of two years.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• letter of application
You can submit your application until 15 December 11:59pm / before 16 December 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The interviews will be in Dutch and in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Kirsten Wolkotte, coördinator International Office
+31 50 3635243.
Margaret Donga, afdelingshoofd DOS
+31 50 3635703.
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219580E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Faculty of Law Advanced LLM in Energy Law