Innovation project leader (0.8-1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Library (UB)
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen ranks among the best European research universities and is internationally focused. The UG is socially active and committed to its surroundings. Our staff put their academic passion to good use, researching and teaching in a wide range of fields. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their talents to the full. The talents, ambitions and achievements of the 31,000 students and 5,600 members of staff are rewarded wherever possible.
To find out more about the UG, visit http://www.rug.nl/about-us.
The University of Groningen Library (UB) is the UG information hub. The UB provides academics and students with the information and services they need to do world-class research and helps to raise the profile of their work at an international level.
The UB is continually improving its services and products on a project-by-project basis. To this end, international loans between various libraries are supported via an interlibrary loan system, a new user interface for the online discovery environment has been piloted and apps for finding locations within the library and for reserving studios in the library have been developed.
To transform even more ideas into reality, the UB is looking for a project manager, to start as soon as possible, to lead projects in collaboration with national partners (such as the UKB consortium), UG partners (such as UG faculties and services and the Central Medical Library) and within the UB (with consultants, information specialists, material experts and process owners).
You are an experienced, independent project manager with knowledge of and experience with Prince2. You can motivate people to get behind your projects, you achieve results, monitor progress and are a good communicator.
You will be responsible for managing a wide variety of projects. You may be required to manage the following projects that have been planned for the coming period:
● informing our clients about the available study spots within the UB building by using various information sources, such as the entry gates and study environment data
● making it easier to find items in our collection by automatically improving and enriching our metadata
● broadening the functionality of our library app, with which we help our clients to find their way within our collections, our buildings and our services
● conducting a CRM (client relations management) pilot in order to have a better understanding of our internal and external clients
● working within sub-projects in multi-annual programmes for the realisation of research data facilities, displaying scientific results to the outside world and granting access to unique sources from Groningen.
You must be able to demonstrate:
● the ability to think and work at a university or university of applied sciences level
● extensive project management experience using Prince2 principles
● good organisational skills
● core competences: persuasiveness, result-orientation, excellent planning and organisational skills, the ability to work as part of a team, the ability to work to a budget
● good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
An affinity with the world of academic teaching and research is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,709 to a maximum of € 4,274 (scale 10)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• a contract for one year.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 18 November 11:59pm / before 19 November 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Only submissions via the application form will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Drs. J.H. (Jan Herman) Veldkamp
+31 50 3639019
Ryanka Hazekamp, HR-adviseur HR-Advisor (for information about the application procedure)
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T064219E