Mobility Office Employee (1.0 FTE/ 2x 0.5 FTE/ 1x 0.4 FTE + 1x 0.6 FTE)
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 31,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and the top 100 universities in the world (see our ranking: https://www.rug.nl/(...)do-we-stand/rankings), the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The new employee is appointed at the Institute of Education of BSS. The Institute of Education offers support for education in various areas. Approximately 40 employees work in this department. The Mobility Office employee will work for the Mobility Office and will support the Exchange Coordinator. The Mobility Office coordinates the exchange of students and staff within and outside Europe. Students are exchanged for both studies and internships. The Mobility Office currently manages more than one hundred exchange contracts and more than 130 students a year make use of the possibility to study abroad.
- coordinating mainly incoming mobility
- coordination of admission procedures
- maintaining the Mobility Office web pages
- informing and advising both incoming and outgoing students
- organising various events such as information sessions, orientation meetings and social activities for exchange students
- administration of student data.
- you have a “HBO”/University of Applied Sciences working and thinking level
- you preferably have proven experience in the field of Internationalisation and/or Exchange
- you have excellent English speaking and writing skills (C1 level)
- you should preferably have a good command of the Dutch language
- the following competencies apply to you: Context-oriented, networking skills, result-oriented and stress-resistant.
In addition, you have good interpersonal skills, a customer-friendly and flexible attitude, empathy and intercultural competences. Affinity with young adults from other cultures and countries is a prerequisite.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer in accordance with the CAO for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on education and work experience of at least €2,261 up to a maximum of €3,052 gross per month (scale 7) for full working hours
- 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus on the annual gross income
- initially an employment contract for a period of one year. Renewal or conversion into an employment contract for an indefinite period of time depends both on developments in the position and within the RUG, as well as on a positive assessment.
Date of commencement of employment: as soon as possible.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- a CV
- a cover letter.
You can submit your application until 25 September 2019 11.59pm / before 26 September 2019 Dutch local time (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interviews will be held on the 30th of September 2019.
The RUG is an inclusive organisation: A versatile employer for all groups in society. We therefore welcome a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds and knowledge. For this position, we explicitly invite women to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the NVP application code, http://kpz.nl/[…]/sollicitatiecode.pdf
Acquisition is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Hilde Steenbergen, Head Education Institute
+31 05 36 36217
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219402E