Supporter Trainingsprogrammes (1.0 FTE)
Centrum voor Informatie Technologie
The University of Groningen is among the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The university is socially active and is involved in its environment. In a wide range of fields, researchers and teachers practice their profession from a scientific passion. Everyone is enabled to get the best out of themselves. Talent, ambition and achievement of students and staff are stimulated as much as possible.
The Center for Information Technology (CIT) of the University of Groningen is a leading national and European expertise center in the field of information and communication technology (ICT). With around 250 employees, CIT manages the necessary facilities and supporting processes for approximately 31,000 students and 5,600 employees.
In line with the strategic plan of the University, the focus in education IT is on active learning and on campus training, the focus in research IT is on human data and Big Data technologies. These are on top of excellent IT infrastructure to support staff and students, including business management systems. With staff and facilities that are top level, the CIT is able to act as an enabler and innovator in education and research.
Our core values are: Respect, Collegiality, Together, Fun, Openness and Commitment.
Within the CIT, we have currently two projects that need the same type of support:
● one project is a large international project that aims to train Polish university staff in didactical skills and to give them a basic teaching qualification
● one project aims to train new CIT staff in a trainee programme consisting of four working days and one training day per week.
For both projects, we are looking for an enthusiastic Training Supporter. Using your great organizational skills, you support the above mentioned project teams with the planning of trainings and events. You are responsible for all project communication and will inform and invite participants in a timely manner. You will keep track of course records, reports, and certifications. With your communicative personality, you will also welcome and host training participants during events and trainings, ensuring that the logistical requirements are met as well.
● to organize the staffing and necessary facilities for the training and events
○ draw up schedules and coordinate the deployment of lecturers
○ make agreements with regards to the deployment of lecturers
○ make agreements with regards to housing, IT, audiovisual aids and other facilities
● to support the trainers with and contribute to the development and organization of the current and targeted curriculum
● to advise and provide support to trainers in setting up, implementing and maintaining one or more quality assurance systems
● record and manage student data
● to organize, prepare and record meetings
● to advise participants if they run into problems during the training programme.
● work experience in a similar position
● relevant educational background
● proficiency in Dutch and English, proficiency in Polish is a plus
● a supporting attitude.
● good communication and cooperation skills
● the ability to be both emphatic and persuasive
● able to cope with stress especially under pressure of time
● excellent planning and organizing skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 60 maanden.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary starting from € 2,579 up to maximum € 3,445 gross per month (salary scale 8)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• a full-time appointment for the duration of 5 years.
Date of commencement: as soon as possible
You may apply for this position by sending your cover letter with curriculum vitae until 18 April 11.59pm / before 19 April 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code and European Commission's: European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
For additional information, please contact:
Louwarnoud van der Duim
+31 50 3634915
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219173E