Software developer - Service platform
Are you looking for a chance to be a part of building a whole new service platform? Bring your microservice-building experience to our team as our newest software developer.
We are looking for a software developer to strengthen the team working on our new communication service platform. As our new colleague, you will play a big role in creating and maintaining microservices that will provide APIs for the new platform. You will also keep colleagues informed of the progress of the project. Our team currently works with a mixture of online and offline meetings, but we would like to work with someone in our timezone or similar (CET) that could join us in our physical office in Groningen from time to time.
Our ideal new colleague is an experienced and enthusiastic developer who has prior experience with building microservices and can add that knowledge and experience to the team. You enjoy working independently and aren’t afraid to make the decisions necessary to keep the project moving forward. From a team perspective, you have a start-up mentality and can add your experience to the team to bring the ideas we have about our future product to life.
Your professional profile
- Have 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Have experience building microservices
- Are comfortable working in an English speaking environment
If you have experience with items listed in the stack below
Our stack includes:
- NATS + Resgate
Devhouse Spindle is a growing and ever-changing organization on a mission to connect the
world using open and free communication. With almost 60 colleagues, we develop the tools
that make this possible such as VoIPGRID, our award winning telefony platform. Alongside
our VoIP platform we develop an app (both Android and iOS versions), a webphone, and a
browser plugin which allow you to use the platform wherever you are.
Besides developing products, we also connect people through our foundation,
48percent.org, and the open source community, the Open VoIP Alliance. Spindle is located
in Groningen, a beautiful city known for its innovation and the second fastest growing tech
city in the Netherlands.
Working at Spindle
If you look around the office, you’ll notice we do things a bit different around here:
- We organize ourselves using a system called Holacracy. We believe every colleague is able to contribute to the organization rather than relying on a traditional hierarchy. Having no managers comes with extra responsibility to take ownership of your work and set priorities that help to further the organization.
- We work with a “build, measure, learn” mentality and open mindset. We recognize that not everything you do is going to work right away. We praise experimentation and reward trying something new, even if the lesson is to not try it again. We have an open and transparent salary system. Every colleague is placed in the pathway and a level best fitting their education and experience. We encourage growth and have clear guidelines and expectations for doing so.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team of international coworkers. We value the differences that each person brings to the table and think that it's those differences that strengthen our organization.
What we offer
- A relaxed and welcoming culture with celebrations, events, and trips
- A competitive salary and good pension benefits
- An annual study budget and study days for personal and professional growth
- A 'Work-from-home package' with all the things you need if you want to work from home (chair, monitor, sit/standing desk, extra screen etc).
- Other benefits that contribute to your health, well-being, and work/life balance
Join the team
Want to know more about this job, the employee benefits or Spindle? Don’t hesitate to contact Dick on 050-8009078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.