Is working with infrastructure as code something that you excel at? Does working on a variety of projects give you the energy you need to have an awesome career?
We are looking for the newest member of our infrastructure team. This colleague will help manage and build our cloud platforms. Our infrastructure team is involved in a variety of projects. Some examples of these projects include a microservice platform based on Kubernetes and GitOps, our own hardware stack, and our telephony stack. We manage these platforms with infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform and Saltstack. We monitor them with Prometheus and Grafana. There is a lot of development happening in the company, and the role of the infrastructure team is to facilitate developers through reliable tech and best practices.
The ideal new addition to our team is able to make themselves at home in a complex techstack. You are someone who is excited by building a cutting edge cloud platform. You aren’t afraid to ask the right questions and prefer quality over quantity. We take time as a team to discuss and collaborate on projects. You will get all the room you need to do things right because that is more important to us than finishing things quickly. You are excited about new technologies and can help us move forward. We are a remote-friendly team, but also hope you can join us at the office in Groningen on a regular basis.
Your professional profile
- Have a relevant technical education or equivalent work experience
- Have experience with kubernetes and/or microservices
- Have experience with infrastructure as code
- Are an experienced Linux user
- Have awesome debugging skills
- Are experienced at setting up tracing and monitoring for infrastructure systems
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
Devhouse Spindle is a growing and ever-changing organization on a mission to connect the world using open and free communication. With almost 60 colleagues, we develop the tools that make this possible such as VoIPGRID, our award winning telefony platform. Alongside our VoIP platform we develop an app (both Android and iOS versions), a webphone, and a browser plugin which allow you to use the platform wherever you are.
Besides developing products, we also connect people through our foundation, 48percent.org, and the open source community, the Open VoIP Alliance. Spindle is located
in Groningen, a beautiful city known for its innovation and the second fastest growing tech city in the Netherlands.
Working at Spindle
If you look around the office, you’ll notice we do things a bit different around here:
- We organize ourselves using a system called Holacracy. We believe every colleague is able to contribute to the organization rather than relying on a traditional hierarchy. Having no managers comes with extra responsibility to take ownership of your work and set priorities that help to further the organization.
- We work with a “build, measure, learn” mentality and open mindset. We recognize that not everything you do is going to work right away. We praise experimentation and reward trying something new, even if the lesson is to not try it again.
- We have an open and transparent salary system. Every colleague is placed in the pathway and a level best fitting their education and experience. We encourage growth and have clear guidelines and expectations for doing so.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team of international coworkers. We value the differences that each person brings to the table and think that it's those differences that strengthen our organization.
What we offer
- A relaxed and welcoming culture with celebrations, events, and trips
- A competitive salary and good pension benefits
- An annual study budget and study days for personal and professional growth
- A 'Work-from-home package' with all the things you need if you want to work from home (chair, monitor, sit/standing desk, extra screen etc).
- Other benefits that contribute to your health, well-being, and work/life balance
Join the team
Want to know more about this job, the employee benefits or Spindle? Don’t hesitate to contact Dick on 050-8009078 or email@example.com.