Student for internship project manager UMCG Research BV
Internships and thesis
As an intern you will:
- Proactively inform researchers about funding opportunities and encouraging partnerships for large-scale and / or interdisciplinary research programs.
- Give advice to researchers on the preparation and submission of proposals and the accompanying subsidy trajectories.
- Plan and coordinate the application process with all stakeholders.
- Collect, analyse, summarize and present information on grant applications and share it with the team.
- Prepare for and write part of project proposals for grant application, with specific focus on the impact, management, implementation, communication and disseminations sections.
University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is one of the largest hospitals in the Netherlands and it is the biggest employer in the North of the country. A staff of over 12, 000 people work in patient care and in leading medical research, focusing on healthy ageing. The Research BV, which is part of the UMCG, is a team of 18 people, among them directors, project managers, project assistants, fund raisers, financial administrators/officers from different backgrounds and with different nationalities. We are enablers of excellent research toward lasting impact through connecting people, ideas, tools and resources. We offer support throughout the entire research support cycle, from idea development, to proposal writing, contracts, post-award services until final reporting. We are located in Groningen, Netherlands, known as the City of Talent: “Here is space for talent. Space for learning, for working and for growing. For further personal development and making the best of yourself. And there is room for living, sports and entertainment. There’s no place like Groningen.”
Wat vragen wij
- A master student in (European project) management, business or international relations.
- Fluency in English.
- Some knowledge and any previous experience in national, regional and/or European project management are appreciated.
- Team player but autonomous when performing tasks.
- Self-motivated person, meticulous, consistent, reliable, service- and result-oriented.
- Good communication skills.
The duration of this full-time internship will be 6 months.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send your CV and motivation letter.
Wat bieden wij
- Gain a valuable practical experience in pre-award project management.
- Work in a service-driven, dynamic, flexible, international and team environment.
- Develop professional and personal skills (adaptability, responsibility, pro-active approach).
- Take initiatives within a learning environment.
- Enjoy a qualitative supervision with follow-up meetings, advice and evaluation of your work.
- Workspace with equipment will be provided.
- Internship agreement with the UMCG.
- Excellent coaching at the UMCG.
- Scientific working climate.
- Nestor: an electronic learning environment for graduating students with information, links, tips and tricks that can help you during graduation & internship at the UMCG.
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met:
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.
The application deadline stated in the vacancy overview does not apply to this vacancy. It will remain on the website until a suitable student has been found for the assignment.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic it is not possible for students from abroad to apply for this internship. When this remark is removed, application for students living in other countries than the Netherlands is possible again.