Klinische Farmacie & Farmacologie
We are looking for an enthusiastic statistician with advanced university degree (PhD, Master's degree or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics. Experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials is required. The candidate has ample knowledge and experience with statistical software including SAS and R and is able to conduct independent research and analysis. Experience with genetic and proteomic analysis of large databases is an advantage. We expect the candidate demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. The candidate has ample experience with quantitative research, (big) data analysis, ICT developments in the medical sector, and is proficient in English writing.
Candidates who have (almost) completed a PhD degree in biostatistics, bioinformatics or related fields are invited to respond.
Clinical research within the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology focuses on personalized medicine for the treatment of renal and cardiovascular complications of type 2 diabetes. Principal investigators within the department are involved in numerous clinical trials and large cohort studies to develop new methods of tailoring medications using biomarker based approaches and improve clinical trial designs by integrating novel methodological techniques.
To support ongoing research and clinical trials the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology is soliciting for a 4-year full time position for a statistician is vacant. The statistician is expected to:
- Carries out advanced level statistical analyses or database development. This may include serving as lead biostatistician or lead data manager for clinical trials performed in cardio-metabolic conditions.
- Train, assist and supervise PhD students and fellows in epidemiology and statistical analyses.
- Assist in writing statistical sections of study reports or publications.
- Identifies the need for, helps write, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures to assure quality of research.
- Represents the Department on committees, task forces, and audits.
- Stays current on relevant research and statistical methodologies and database development via statistical or database training, self-study, internal training and courses, external conferences and courses, for example.
We offer a unique, multidisciplinary working and learning environment with possibilities to develop expertise in a diversity of research areas and involvement in ongoing large international clinical drug trials. You will be working in an energetic and enthusiastic team of more than 30 researchers from diverse backgrounds. The group has an extensive network, both nationally and internationally.
The candidate will have an appointment at the Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology of the University Medical Center Groningen. You can find out more about the department at: http://www.umcg.nl/NL/UMCG/Afdelingen/Ziekenhuisapotheek/Paginas/default.aspx.
Conditions of employment
Your salary will be a maximum of € 4.615,- gross per month (scale 10), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC).
You will first be appointed for a period of 12 months. After a positive evaluation, the contract will be extended for the remaining part of the project.
You may apply for this position until 14 October 2021 Dutch local time. Your application should include your motivation, curriculum vitae, and contact information of at least two academic references.
- Prof. Dr. Hiddo Lambers Heerspink, PhD, phonenumber: +31 50 361 7589, e-mail address: email@example.com
- Dr. Niels Jongs, PhD, phonenumber: +31 50 361 4071, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for a job
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed. You can apply until 30 November 2021.
Within half an hour after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.
Digital application form