Research Assistant (Oldenburg)
extern: niet UMCG vacature
- Academic university degree (Master's or equivalent) in the field of Public Health, Health Services Research, Human Movement Sciences, Social Sciences, Psychology or related disciplines.
- Very good written and spoken English language skills.
- Good knowledge of the German and/or Dutch health care systems.
- Proficient knowledge of systematic literature searches in databases such as PubMed, Web of Knowledge, etc. and writing of systematic reviews.
The Division for Organizational Health Services Research of the Department of Health Services Research of Faculty VI, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Oldenburg is, subject to the commitment of funds, as soon as possible, looking for a
research assistant (m/f/d)
(salary level TV-L E 13; 75%, limited until 31.01.2024)
for collaboration in a cooperation project with the University Hospital for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery Pius-Hospital, Medical Campus University of Oldenburg and the Department of Orthopedics of University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands. As part of the joint project "Comparison of healthcare structures, processes and outcomes in the German and Dutch cross-border region" (CHARE-GD), which is planned to be funded by the Ministry of Science and Culture of Lower Saxony (MWK), structural differences between the German and Dutch healthcare systems and their effects on patients and health professionals are being investigated.
The subproject "The influence of patient and system characteristics on outcomes after total hip arthroplasty" focuses on the relationship between preoperative expectations for the implantation of an artificial hip joint and postoperative outcomes from the perspective of patients and professionals in the Netherlands and Germany in order to gain an understanding of cross-border differences in patient and system characteristics.
Wat vragen wij
- Knowledge in research methods and statistics; the willingness to deepen or acquire these is assumed.
- Knowledge of empirical social research methods (qualitative interviews, surveys).
- Experience in the research field of orthopedics (especially: patients with artificial joint replacement).
- Good knowledge of the German and Dutch language.
- Willingness to travel within the border region between Oldenburg and Groningen for recruitment and data collection.
- Interest and experience in dealing with employees and patients in a hospital setting.
We would like to provide you an optimal start to your scientific career. To this end, we offer you an international research environment in which you can develop freely. At the same time, we value an active culture of discussion and team-oriented cooperation. The graduate academies of the University of Oldenburg and University Medical Center Groningen offer opportunities for further education with workshops and seminars on soft skills and scientific methods. There is also an attractive environment outside the participating work groups: The University of Oldenburg and University Medical Center Groningen are characterized by a didactic-innovative atmosphere, flexible working hours and family friendliness. As a growing city, Oldenburg offers an attractive living and working environment.
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance to § 21 Section 3 NHG, female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Wat bieden wij
For further information, please contact Prof. Lena Ansmann, head of the Division of Organizational Health Services Research, telephone number 0441/7984165, e-Mail: email@example.com.
Applications (including curriculum vitae, qualification certificates) should preferably be sent by e-mail as one continuous PDF file, stating the keyword "Cross Border Research", by 22.11.2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or via postal mail to:
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Department für Versorgungsforschung
Fakultät VI - Medizin und Gesundheitswissenschaften
Ammerländer Heerstr. 114-118
Please do not use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - these will not be processed.