Lecturer in Marketing Analytics and Data Science
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
Faculty of Economics and Business
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) empowers and connects students, academics and external stakeholders to have a joint positive impact on regional, national and global economic and business challenges in science and society. It is our mission to offer excellent education and to execute excellent and impactful research. FEB is committed to providing excellent education and to continuous educational improvement and leadership in education.
Within the Department of Marketing of FEB, a part-time position (0.4-0.8 FTE) is vacant for a lecturer, with a focus on Marketing Analytics and Data Science.
The Department of Marketing is one of the highly regarded and productive marketing groups in Europe. The department is responsible for courses in marketing for students in Bachelor and Master programs – in particular on Marketing Management, and Marketing Analytics & Data Science – at the Faculty of Economics and Business. In addition, the department participates in the Research Master program, a challenging 2-year Master program intended for students aiming at a PhD.
The quality and productivity of the department is evidenced by the very high ratings it consistently obtains in research evaluations. The RUG Customer Insights Center and the Groningen Digital Business Center that are affiliated with the department form a bridge between science and practice, translating into collaboration and data collection opportunities for department members.
The new lecturer is expected to strengthen the educational component of the Department of Marketing; in particular as lectured in the MSc profile Marketing Analytics & Data Science. Therefore, we seek candidates from the sub-discipline Quantitative Marketing (or a related methodological area), who are committed to excellence in teaching. Specific educational tasks will depend on the expertise and experience of the candidate.
For the first two years of the contract, a 80% (teaching and education management), 10% (research), 10% (development time) division of time allocation is used. After two years, a 90 (Teaching and education management), 10 (research) division will apply.
To qualify, you…
• have PhD or MSc degree in Marketing or a related discipline
• have extensive knowledge of and experience with quantitative and/or data science methodologies
• have excellent teaching skills: you are an enthusiastic and effective lecturer, has knowledge of didactics, and understanding of teaching and assessment methods
• have a University Teaching Qualification or are willing to obtain this qualification
• have organizational qualities and excellent communication skills
• have good interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work both individually and in a team.
Contractduur: 36 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,960 gross per month (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 6,181 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a fulltime position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance, as well as participation in a pension scheme for employees. For employees moving to the Netherlands, a fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this. Finally, a fulltime position will entitle you to 328 hours of leave per year.
- an appointment for a period of three years. The vacancy comprises a part-time position, where the exact number of working hours per week is negotiable, but expected to be between 16 and 32 hours per week.
Starting date of the position is negotiable, but we foresee that it start between September 2023 and January 2024
Interested applicants should submit:
1. a motivation letter
2. a curriculum vitae
3. one letter of recommendation
4. samples of relevant work.
You may apply for this position until 13 April 11:59pm / before 14 April 2023 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kunt u contact opnemen met:
Prof. Tammo H.A. Bijmolt, Head of the Marketing Department
Noemt u in uw sollicitatie altijd het vacaturenummer V23.0147