Teacher Pharmacy: Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science disciplines, from traditional disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. Our community has an open and informal character with students and staff from around the world.
This position will be embedded in FSE’s School of Science and Engineering, which offers 14 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 7000 students. In particular, you will become part of the team that takes care of the Pharmacy programmes.
We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic teacher who will strengthen our degree programme Pharmacy and can be deployed for the following tasks:
• teach in Molecular Biology of the Cell and Genetics (BSc Pharmacy)
• contribute to individual bachelor and master education in the area of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology (e.g. bachelor and master projects)
• give lectures, tutorials and practicals in research-oriented electives in chemical and pharmaceutical biology (BSc and MSc Pharmacy, MSc Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences).
● academic training in pharmacy, molecular biology or genetics; PhD degree is recommended
● affinity with academic education
● 1-2 years (at least) experience in academic teaching
● excellent social and communication skills
● you are aware of current developments within pharmacy and healthcare
● you are innovative, decisive and socially skilled.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 maanden.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 2,960 up to a maximum of € 4,670 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position with the UFO-profile Teacher 4
• a holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
• a minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• a temporary appointment of 0.8-1.0 FTE until 1 February 2024.
Preferred start date: 1 June 2023 or as soon as possible
Consider our website for more information about the conditions of employment at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/new-staff/conditions-of-employment
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
• a curriculum vitae, including a description of your teaching experience.
You can submit your application until 30 March 11:59pm / before 31 March 2023 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The interviews will likely take place in the second week of April.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr H.J. Woerdenbag
Drs. E.C. Weening
In your application, please always include the job opening ID V23.0111
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:More information on the topics for teaching