Assistant Professors in the Humanities (24 FTE)
Faculty of Arts
University of Groningen
Situated in the bus
We invite ambitious academics with relevant expertise and experience to apply. Positions for assistant professors are available in the fields of:
• Humane Artificial Intelligence - Data and platforms for social, cultural, and economic innovation
• Cultural Heritage and Identity - Material and Intangible heritage
• Cultural Heritage and Identity - Creative industries, Media and Popular Culture
• Languages and Cultures - Language in cultural-political contexts
• Communication, information and social inequalities in a digital world
For more information about the assistant professor positions: http://www.rug.nl/let/sectorplan
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• expertise and experience, including a PhD, in a field relevant to on one or more of the five themes mentioned above
• excellent research skills, as demonstrated by a track record of publishing in high-ranked venues, (invited) research talks and the (potential) ability to recruit external funds
• excellent teaching skills, as demonstrated by past student evaluation and continuous professional development initiatives
• excellent command of English (CEFR C1/C2) and a willingness to learn Dutch within two years after appointment
• a strong cooperative attitude and willingness to engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research and teaching
• enthusiasm for communicating academic research to non-academic audiences.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 18 months.In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO NU) we are offering you:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,974 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 6,181 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• an excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• favorable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants. We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
• 232 holiday hours per calendar year for full-time employment and provide career services for partners of new academic staff members moving to Groningen
• an appointment initially on a temporary basis for 18 months with an outlook to a permanent position when you meet the criteria.
The faculty will facilitate you with obtaining the requested qualifications for teaching and the Dutch language.
The appointee will ideally commence in August 2023
For information about the application procedure including the application form, see the application procedure page: https://www.rug.nl/let/sectorplan/application-procedure
You may apply for this position until 31 January 11:59 pm / before 1 February 2023 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The first round of selection interviews will take place online somewhere in period from 13 up to and including 17 February 2023. We aim for a quick turnaround and request that you remain available for interviews in this period.
The second round of selection interviews will take place on location in Groningen somewhere in the period from 6 up to and including 14 March 2023.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID V22.0913