Education Developer on Digital Leadership & Security (0.6 FTE)
Campus Fryslân is the 11th faculty of the University of Groningen, located in the city of Leeuwarden. It is an interdisciplinary faculty that focuses on topics in research and teaching that are of regional importance as well as global significance.The faculty offers two bachelor’s, Data Science & Society and Global Responsibility & Leadership, and four master’s programmes. The Data Research Centre (DRC) is the beating heart of research related to data science, with critical insight on interactions between society and technology. Currently, we are looking for an enthusiastic hands-on developer and networker to develop two education programmes for professionals.
About the Faculty
We are keen to give you the space to take the initiative and to grow as a professional. No two days are the same at Campus Fryslân. Therefore, if you are looking for variety, you will be in the right place.
Campus Fryslân is an international and diverse faculty with students and staff from all over the world. English is the main working language, communication with many of our stakeholders is mostly in Dutch or Frisian.
About the position
In this position you will be leading two projects: the development of a digital leadership course for professionals and the development of a programme that strengthens organizations in their resilience against ransomware. You will be guided by members of the DRC who have expertise on these topics.
The project activities are briefly described below:
Digital Leadership Course
- develop masterclasses of six modules: digital strategy, data management, digital interaction, sharing digital information, digital citizenship and customer relations, working together using technology
- build a learning environment
- develop a network of digital leaders
- participate in the national pilot Microcredentials
- deliver input for promotional materials.
Resilience Against Ransomware Attacks
- develop a guide on ransomware safety, based on existing research material
- produce a roadmap for a ransomware attack
- build and enhance a network of regional and national organizations to exchange knowledge about ransomware attacks
- develop a simulation of a ransomware attack based on existing literature and expertise, in which organizations can participate.
The following elements are important for this position:
- a vision on Digital Leadership and Cybersecurity (incl. ransomware)
- affinity for digitalisation, datafication, security, technology and society
- affinity with education for professionals
- an excellent command of Dutch
- enjoying connecting to actors and institutions in the Northern Netherlands
- being proactive and motivated to turn ideas into actions
- having excellent presentation and communication skills
- being a great organizer and a team player
- a PhD degree, or close to obtaining one, ideally in an area such as Science & Technology Studies, European and International Law, International Relations or Political Science
- or relevant working experience that demonstrably relates to the areas covered by the projects and a demonstrable interest and affinity to carry out independent research.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 18 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a minimum salary of € 2,960 and a maximum salary of € 4,670 (scale 10) gross a month on a full-time basis in accordance with your education and experience
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
- these No & Moarn projects are funded by the Province of Fryslân for an initial period of 18 months. You may work on additional research and educational projects as opportunities emerge.
Prefered starting date: 1st of January 2023
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You may apply for this position until 4 December 11:59pm / before 5 December 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interviews will take place on the 13nd and 19th of December.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 222767E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Campus Fryslân