Post-doc in employee wellbeing and/or team functioning (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Belonging to the best research universities of Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has an inspiring study and working environment for students and employees. International accreditation enables the Faculty to assess performance against the highest international standards. It also creates an exciting environment of continuous improvement. FEB's programmes, academic staff and research do well on various excellence ranking lists.
Are you an experienced researcher in organizational behavior, I&O psychology, or a related discipline and looking for a new challenge?
The Center of Expertise HRM&OB, part of the Organizational Behavior (OB) group of the Faculty Economics and Business at the University of Groningen, is looking for an ambitious postdoctoral researcher with ample experience with survey research and quantitative data analysis.
The OB group aspires to promote a basic understanding of individual and group behavior and the translation of scientific research into practical implications that have significant corporate value. To achieve these aims, the group is focused on conducting rigorous and cutting-edge research that is published in major OB outlets. The group collaborates with leading (OB) scholars, business leaders, and major corporations in the Netherlands and abroad. See also https://www.rug.nl/research/hrm-ob/
As a postdoc, you will collaborate with established researchers of the OB group to advance current perspectives on (a) individual employees’ wellbeing and effectiveness and/or (b) team/organizational processes and outcomes. We are looking for someone who wants to further develop and refine their own ideas related to one of these research themes. In doing so, you will collect longitudinal, multi-source data at public and private companies linked to the Center of Expertise, write reports that offer practical recommendations to participating teams and organizations, and use the data to test hypotheses and write research papers.
- a PhD in organizational behavior, I&O psychology, human resource management, or other relevant social science (completed or near completion)
- experience with survey research and advanced knowledge of statistical software (e.g., Mplus, R, SPSS)
- excellent communication and writing skills (in English)
- you are an independent and creative thinker
- you are willing and able to be present in Groningen on a weekly basis Hybrid working with regular presence, preferably weekly, in Groningen is an option
- a basic understanding of the Dutch language (A2) is an advantage).
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 36 months.In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer you:
- a starting salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, between € 2,960 (salary scale 10) and € 5,439 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a fulltime position (38 hours per week)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- a temporary fulltime (1.0 FTE) appointment for a maximum term of three years. The initial appointment is for one year. Following a positive assessment and barring altered circumstances, this term will be extended.
Starting date: 1 November 2022 or as soon as possible
Candidates are invited to send:
- a letter of application
- a curriculum vitae.
You may apply until 2 October 11:59pm / before 3 October 2022 Dutch local time (CET), using the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Joost van de Brake
Gerben van der Vegt (for questions about the position)
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 222259H