Communications Professional for the Wubbo Ockels School & Jantina Tammes School
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The Wubbo Ockels School (WOS) aims at spurring interdisciplinary research education and valorization in the field of energy and climate. The Jantina Tammes School (JTS) is a multidisciplinary platform for research, education and public engagement in the field of digital technologies and artificial intelligence. These two Schools are a network of researchers and partners with one single goal: strengthen the strategic position of the University of Groningen in the respective fields of attention. Rooted in fundamental research, we actively convey our knowledge and expertise through education, consultancy and integral collaborations. We act locally, regionally and internationally, with the ambition to create impact on a global scale.
The Wubbo Ockels School for Energy and Climate and the Jantina Tammes School for Digital Society, Technology and AI invites candidates to apply for the position of: Communications professional for the Wubbo Ockels School and Jantina Tammes School (0.8-1.0 FTE).
The WOS and the JTS are looking for a new communications professional shared between the two schools. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in the field of external communications and marketing. The tasks mainly focus on developing and maintaining the communications channels of the WOS and the JTS, such as social media, designing communication outings such as flyers and banners, project management in the field of communication, and organizing events.
The officer will also work on and develop plans that strengthen the visibility of the WOS and the JTS. Other responsibilities include leading or participating in communication and marketing projects and connecting with stakeholders within and outside the WOS and the JTS (e.g. the municipality).
We are looking for a new colleague, a real team player. The new colleague will mainly focus on external communications and marketing. The following skills, abilities and qualifications are required:
- University level, Bachelor’s degree; preferably trained in the field of communications and/or marketing
- independent, proactive and creative
- preferably affinity with the area of energy, climate and digital technologies
- excellent proficiency in English ánd Dutch language
- capable of creating content, based on research results for different formats, e.g. blog, graphic design video, website content, events
- capable of working with Adobe programs such as Indesign and Photoshop
- capable of creating visibility for the WOS and the JTS via a variety of (social) channels (internal, external)
- flexible and team-oriented
- good team worker, with a results-oriented and creative attitude and excellent communication (incl writing) and collaboration skills (including intercultural skills)
- demonstrable experience in project work (events, design, video productions)
- demonstrable communication experience (website, intranet, campaigns, press releases, videos, interviews, key messages, new media).
Important roles: writer, designer, motivator, team player, networker, 'do-er'
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,098 (salary scale 9) up to a maximum of € 4,670 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
- an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- participation in a pension scheme for employees.
This temporary employment is for one year, starting from October. Depending on performance and developments in the organization after 1 year indefinite extension is possible.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
The application process may include an assessment.
You may apply for this position until 14 August 11:59pm / before 15 August 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. dr. Lorenzo Squintani
Prof. dr. Ming Cao
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 222504