University of Groningen
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer more than 200 courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. Ghent University Global Campus is also the first European university in Songdo, South Korea.
- We are looking for a PhD fellow who actively participates in the Blue-Balance project (https://www.ugent.be/campus-kortrijk/nl/actueel/nieuws/bluebalance)
- As a PhD fellow you prepare a PhD thesis in the field of persuasive communication with the aim of stimulating individual and collective sustainable behavior among Flemish coastal residents and tourists. Based on social research into the underlying factors (e.g., individual and collective values, place attachment, regional/historical identity, social norms) that explain sustainable behavior and support for sustainable projects in the Flemish coastal region, communication strategies will be developed that result in the development of concrete communication interventions (e.g., VR applications, gaming,…). The effectiveness of these interventions and the explanatory variables are also studied within Blue-Balance.
- You spend at least 90% of your assignment on scientific research in the context of the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
- You conduct independent research through all phases of the research process (literature study, design of studies, data collection, data analysis, reporting, presentation).
- You participate in (international) scientific conferences and valorization projects.
- The doctoral thesis is a joint PhD based on a collaboration between Ghent University and the University of Groningen.
- You are prepared for a (short) research stay at the University of Groningen in the context of Blue Balance.
- You have a Master's degree in social sciences; preferably communication sciences, (social) psychology, sociology; or equal.
- You are motivated, creative and have a passion for academic research.
- You have a good knowledge of (and a high level of engagement with) the domain of promoting sustainable behavior and social behavior models.
- You have experience with qualitative (in-depth interviews and focus groups) and quantitative (survey & experimental) research.
- You have good analytical skills, and you have experience with statistical software packages.
- You have good communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You like challenging research in a multidisciplinary and international context.
- You are a team player who can put his/her shoulders under the Blue Balance project.
- You have social skills that help you to speak in front of a group and lead conversations with various stakeholders.
Conditions of employment- Limited duration.
- You can start employment at the earliest from 1 September 2022 and you will be employed at Ghent University.
You can only apply online by email to the supervisors Verolien Cauberghe (email@example.com) and Thijs Bouman (firstname.lastname@example.org) until the closing date for registration (25 July 2022).
We do not accept late applications or applications not delivered by email.
You must enclose the following documents with your application:
- Your resume
- Your motivation letter
- A copy of the required diploma (if already in your possession)
- Any other documents: a reference letter, study results, ...
Ghent University pursues an equal opportunities and diversity policy and therefore encourages everyone to apply.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 070722
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Full description About Genth University