Educationalist (Onderwijskundige) (0,8-1,0 fte)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 7,000 students and 500 staff members who form an informal, personal and inspiring academic community; 25% of our students and our staff are international. FEB provides an ambitious, open and dynamic working environment and encourages its staff members to innovate. FEB currently offers 21 degree programmes (NVAO accredited). The Faculty is AACSB and EQUIS accredited and is thus among the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
The Educational Quality (EQ) department of FEB has 15 staff members and provides advice and support in the fields of the Faculty’s educational logistics, quality assurance, accreditation, educational innovation, and teacher professionalization. EQ works closely together with the other supporting departments, the Faculty Board, and Faculty’s programme directors and lecturers. EQ has important cooperation relationships with various central departments of the University of Groningen. Staff in the department loves to achieve results in their own fields, as well as on interdisciplinary projects. Internationalisation is very important to us, which means we communicate mainly in English and expect an inclusive attitude from our colleagues.
To expand the team of educationalists within EQ, we are looking for 1 educationalist. As a member of the team, you will work to continuously improve education at FEB. You will support the programme management and lecturers to implement our vision on ‘how to teach’ including all aspects of teaching and assessment, with special attention to blended and active learning, ethics, responsibility and sustainability (ERS), research-driven education (RDE), internationalization, diversity & inclusion (ID&I), and/or employability (connection with practice and research) using the Faculty Strategy as an important policy framework. Depending on your expertise you will focus on one of the above-mentioned topics. You will also participate in education-related project and in regular processes of EQ that encompasses regular quality assurance processes, such as providing support in writing curriculum documents, providing support for accreditation processes, and providing support for course and curriculum evaluation processes.
We expect you to work in a result- and client-driven way and work as a standout colleague within the EQ department. You will report to the head of the EQ department, who also will be your supervisor.
We are looking for a new colleague with the following skills, abilities and qualifications:
• an academic level of working and thinking; a degree in the field of Educational Sciences (or similar); affinity with economics and business
• an affinity with one or more of the following topics: blended/active learning, research-driven education, ethics, responsibility and sustainability (ERS), employability, international and inclusive classroom
• professional experience in teaching professionalisation, assessment, and quality assurance processes
• experience in working on a project basis in the field of (international) higher education is preferred
• a result-oriented attitude
• strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, and external community partners in a culturally responsive manner
• commitment to functioning as an effective, collaborative team member
• excellent writing and communication skills in Dutch and English.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.What we are offering you in accordance with the collective Labour agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,960 gross per month and a maximum of € 4,670 (salary scale 10) for a full-time position (CAO VSNU)
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• a position for the period of one year, with the possibility for a permanent position dependent on a positive performance evaluation and future developments of the department. For this position, the following UFO job profile applies: Medewerker onderwijsontwikkeling.
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You may apply for this position until 24 July 11:59pm / before 25 July 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/[…]/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Miriam A. Ossevoort
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 222399