Research Technician in renewable energy and mechatronics (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
The basic units Discrete Technology & Production Automation (DTPA) and Computational Mechanical and Materials Engineering (CMME) of the Engineering and Technology institute Groningen (ENTEG) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) have a vacancy where the employee will work 50% in support of DTPA and 50% for CMME.
- occasionally assembling electronic printed circuit boards and mechatronic systems
- installing and maintaining special configured personal computers and IoT devices
- installing equipment for education
- ordering parts and components for the group. Searching for new suppliers if required
- setting up and maintaining a stock supply for frequently used parts and components
- setting up measurement equipment for acoustic and ultrasound experiments
- ordering materials and equipment for the group. Searching for suppliers and organizing meetings with them
- assisting with running experiments by students
- realisation of technical infrastructure for the research on renewable energy sources (understanding and knowledge about setting up control cabinets, DAQ-systems (SCADA), as well as sensoring and measurements techniques).
- prepared to follow a training to become a drone pilot
Keywords: fine soldering work, reading electronic schematics and CAD drawings, good computer skills on Windows PC’s, evaluation and development platforms for prototyping with microcontrollers, hydraulic systems, sensors, data acquisition systems, 3D-printing, metal, plastics and wood constructing, safety.
Completed MBO with working experience or a HBO starter in electrical engineering, mechatronics or mechanical engineering.
- hands-on mentality
- good communication skills in Dutch and English
- sense of responsibility
- creative problem solver
- detail-oriented mindset
- precise and organized.
Contractduur: 12 maanden.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- depending on education and experience a salary of at least € 2,376 (salary scale 7) gross per month, up to a maximum of € 3,619 gross per month (salary scale 8) in accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch Universities) for a full-time appointment
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- an appointment for a period of one year. In the event of proven suitability, as evidenced by a positive assessment after one year, there is the prospect of a permanent appointment.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 13 February 11:59pm / before 14 February 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kunt u contact opnemen met:
Ing. Martin Stokroos
Noemt u in uw sollicitatie altijd het vacaturenummer 222002E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Discrete Technology & Production Automation (DTPA) Computational Mechanical and Materials Engineering: