Junior Policy officer Internationalisation/English-taught programmes 0.8-1.0 FTE
Faculty of Law
University of Groningen
The Groningen Faculty of Law is a modern, (inter)nationally oriented faculty with a broad and classical profile. Even though it has a four-century-long tradition, it continues to innovate its education in order to train broadly oriented and skilled jurists. Its research largely transcends legal fields and is multidisciplinary in nature. With 5,000 students and 400 staff, it is a medium-sized faculty of the UG.
Due to the expansion of the team, the Faculty of Law is creating this position. The policy officer will formally be part of the International Office of the Office for Student Affairs (OSA) of the Faculty of Law. OSA is responsible for the organisation of education, policy preparation in the field of education on behalf of the Faculty Board and the support of students.
As a junior policy officer Internationalisation/English-taught programmes, you will contribute to the Faculty's education policy in cooperation with the Coordinator of the International Office, the other policy officers, the Director of Education and the head of OSA. You are (co-)responsible for the implementation of policy in the field of English-taught programmes and internationalisation. You are responsible for the policy regarding integration between the Dutch and international students of the Faculty, support of the centrally organized projects such as international classroom/EQUiiP and Language and Culture Policy, the preparation, planning and supervision of re-accreditation of the English-taught programmes. You will also contribute to the course evaluations by chairing meetings.
• relevant education at university level
• at least 2 years of relevant work experience in describing, coordinating and implementing administrative processes
• knowledge of and experience with internationalisation at a (higher) education institution
• knowledge of and experience with project-based work
• an entrepreneurial, flexible and collegial attitude
• experience in process coordination and excellent planning skills
• excellent - and demonstrable - communication skills in the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing
• ability to work independently, result-oriented and accurately
• good analytical skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- depending on your qualifications and work experience a salary ranging from a minimum of € 2,968 to a maximum of € 4,078 (salary scale 9) gross per month for a full-time (1.0 FTE) appointment. The post is linked to the UFO profile of policy officer level 5
- excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
- a temporary appointment of one year.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 30 January 11:59pm / before 31 January 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Kirsten Wolkotte, Coordinator International Office
+31 50 3635243
Margaret Donga, Head of OSA
+31 50 3635703
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T090221E