Teacher Pharmacy: Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy (0.8 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science disciplines, from traditional disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. Our community has an open and informal character with students and staff from around the world.
This position will be embedded in FSE’s School of Science and Engineering, which offers 14 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 7000 students. In particular, you will become part of the team that takes care of the Pharmacy programmes.
We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic teacher who will strengthen our degree programme Pharmacy and can be deployed for the following tasks:
- teach about pharmaceutics in various Pharmacy bachelor courses (e.g. Pharmacokinetics, Pathology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy 2, Drug Toxicology and Translational Technology)
- coordinate the bachelor pharmacy learning line Academic Research and Communication Skills (y 1, 2 and 3, total 10 ECTS)
- contribute to individual bachelor education in the area of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy (e.g. ARCS, bachelor and master projects).
● academic training in pharmacy, molecular biology or chemistry; PhD degree is recommended
● affinity with academic education
● 1-2 years (at least) experience in academic teaching
● excellent social and communication skills
● you are aware of current developments within pharmacy and healthcare
● you are innovative, decisive and socially skilled.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 2,836 up to a maximum of € 4,474 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position with the UFO-profile Teacher 4
- an appointment for one year
- a holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment.
Consider our website for more information about the conditions of employment at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/new-staff/conditions-of-employment
Preferred start date: 1 February 2022 or as soon as possible
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae, including a description of your teaching experience.
You can submit your application until 26 January 11:59pm / before 27 January 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr H.J. Woerdenbag
Prof. Marc van der Maarel
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221675