Junior Lecturer in Innovation Management and Strategy (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
In order to strengthen the teaching capacity of the department of Innovation Management & Strategy, the department would like to hire Junior Lecturers (JL). The JL is a position primarily focused on teaching, with 90% of the time allocated to teaching tasks, and 10% reserved for research and development activities. Teaching tasks can be fulfilled at both the bachelor as well as the master level, and include the supervision of tutorial groups and assisting in grading. The JL candidate selected will have an open and collaborative mindset and is supposed to work closely with more senior faculty members.
The department is part of FEB, which is ranked among the top research institutions in Europe. FEB belongs to the 1% of business schools worldwide with both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations. FEB members publish in top general management journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Management Science, and Journal of Management, as well as leading disciplinary journals such as MIS Quarterly, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies. Our staff members are actively involved in many scholarly associations (AOM, AIS, EGOS, EURAM, SMS) and serve in editorial roles at leading international journals.
Based in the Northern Netherlands, the University of Groningen is one of the oldest and largest in the country and is consistently ranked within the top 100 universities in the world. It is a truly global institution with close collaborations with renowned international universities.
Duties for this position include primarily teaching responsibilities (90 %) complemented by academic research (10%). As a Junior Lecturer you manage workshops/tutorials in bachelor courses, such as: Academic Skills I, Academic Skills II, Innovation Management in Multinationals, Technology-based Offerings, and Innovation Management. You manage workshops/tutorials and provide support for the student assignments in master courses, such as: Digital Transformation Strategy, Organization Design, Energy Transition & Innovation, Innovation & Entrepreneurship. You supervise bachelor thesis projects and bachelor tutor/mentor groups. You assist in grading bachelor and master courses.
The ideal candidate should also have the ability to support data collection, and analysis. You join established research projects and join in grant applications. You develop the master thesis towards a full paper and visit research seminars.
We encourage candidates who fulfil the following conditions to apply:
- completed both the Bachelor program bedrijfskunde at the faculty Economics and Business, and has obtained the MSc BA from the faculty of Economics and Business in Groningen in the last three years or is currently enrolled in the SOM PhD program
- have experience as a student assistant
- is fluent in both Dutch and English
- have excellent communication and presentation skills
- is experienced in the use of Nestor
- functions well in an international environment.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2.836 (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 4,474 gross per month for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• an appointment for a period of two years on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the first year of employment.
We assume candidates to start by December 2021
You are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter containing your motivation for the position
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. one letter of reference
4. one example of academic work (e.g. Master thesis, working paper, …)
5. evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized teaching evaluations – if available).
You can submit your application until 14 October 11:59pm / before 15 October 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Pedro de Faria, (for questions about the position)
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221551
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Department of Innovation Management & Strategy