Lecturer in Environmental Psychology (0.9 FTE)
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is one of the top European research universities and is internationally oriented. The university is socially active and feels involved in its environment. In a wide range of fields, researchers and lecturers practice their profession out of scientific passion. Everyone is enabled to get the best out of themselves. Talent, ambition and performance of the 36,000 students and 7,500 employees are honored as much as possible.
The Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences is a knowledge center that puts people first. The faculty deals with issues surrounding people as individuals, the mutual relationships of people and society as a whole. Attention is paid to the normal functioning of people as well as to problems of people or groups and the way in which these can be solved or prevented. Approximately 650 employees work at the faculty.
The Psychology department offers Bachelor and Master programs in English and Dutch. Both students and staff are international. The basic unit of Environmental Psychology provides education focused on the interaction between people and the environment. Students learn, among other things, how individual, social and context factors influence sustainable behavior (such as energy consumption, car use, food consumption), how people deal with environmental and climate risks, which interventions are effective to stimulate sustainable behaviour, which factors influence the acceptance of environmental policy and sustainable transitions, and how sustainable behavior is related to well-being. Students learn to collaborate with other disciplines and with social partners.
The Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences of the University of Groningen is looking for a lecturer in the field of Environmental Psychology.
The candidate is expected to provide independent education of already developed and regular educational components, such as courses in the Bachelor program. Education within the faculty is given in various (hybrid) teaching methods, both in English and in Dutch.
- completed master in social and behavioral sciences, with a specialization in Environmental Psychology
- experience and affinity with providing education to students
- experience and interest in innovative teaching methods
- good oral and written skills in both Dutch and English
- possession of a basic teaching qualification (UTQ) is recommended
- good social and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- important competencies in this position are: analytical skills, environmental orientation, presentation and result orientation.
Contractduur: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on skills and income of a minimum of € 2,836 gross per month and a maximum of € 4,474 gross per month (salary scale 10 / UFO profile Teacher 4) on the basis of full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus on the annual gross income
• a temporary appointment for a period of 1 year with an appointment size of 0.9 FTE.
Date of commencement of employment: as soon as possible
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 26 September 11:59pm / before 27 September 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kunt u contact opnemen met:
Prof. Linda Steg, Professor of Environmental Psychology
Noemt u in uw sollicitatie altijd het vacaturenummer 221356E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Environmental Psychology Expertise group