Teacher Practicum Pharmacy (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science disciplines, from traditional disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. Our community has an open and informal character with students and staff from around the world.
This position will be embedded in FSE’s School of Science and Engineering, which offers 14 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 7,000 students. In particular, you will become part of the team that takes care of the Pharmacy programmes.
We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic practicum teacher who will strengthen our degree programme Pharmacy and can be deployed for the following tasks:
● (co)-coordinating and providing practical education, especially in the BSc Pharmacy
● organizing, coordinating and supervising tutorials and bachelor projects
● contributing to the development of various practicals and tutorials
● holding preliminary and subsequent discussions with students
● guiding students in tutorial groups in which student-activating teaching methods are central.
We encourage you to apply if you:
● have academic training in pharmacy or chemistry; promotion is recommended
● have affinity with providing education
● have 1-2 years (at least) experience in academic teaching
● have excellent social and communication skills
● are aware of current developments within pharmacy and healthcare
● are innovative, decisive and socially skilled.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on work experience, with a minimum of € 2,790 up to a maximum of € 4,402 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position
• an appointment for one year that will be extended by two years if you perform well
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• a minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment.
Preferred start date: 1 September, in any case not later than 1 November
Consider our website for more information about the conditions of employment at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/new-staff/conditions-of-employment
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
• a curriculum vitae, including a description of your teaching experience.
You can submit your application until 13 June 11:59pm / before 14 June 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The interviews will take place in the weeks of 21- 25 June or 28 June - 2 July.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr H.J. Woerdenbag (for information about the position)
Prof. Marc van der Maarel (for other information)
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221341