Research Technician (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a research technician. The vacancy is at the Physics of Nano devices group and Nanolab Zernike within the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials.
We are looking for a research technician (hbo/mbo) to support and facilitate the experimental research performed in the FND group and groups using the facilities of Nanolab Zernike.
• contribution to the design, construction and maintenance of lab equipment
• instruction and support of young researchers at the bachelor, master, PhD and postdoctoral level
• contact person between group and workshops
• act as health, safety and environment manager and contact person of the group
• cooperation with other technical personnel within and outside of the Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials by sharing expertise and dividing tasks.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with:
• mbo/hbo education
• relevant technical skills in, for example, vacuum and cryogenic technology, electronics, mechanical engineering, clean room procedures, and technical CAD designing
• hands-on experience in working with complex equipment
• good communicative skills in Dutch and English
• being prepared to widen your knowledge
• a flexible attitude towards cooperating with others, being able to work on different projects, while respecting priorities and planning.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• depending on degree and expertise a salary from a minimum of € 2,656 (salary scale 8) up to a maximum of € 4,012 (scale 9) gross per month by a full-time appointment
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• a time-limited employment for one year. If the outcome of the evaluation after one year is positive, the appointment will be prolonged for an indefinite term.
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of motivation
You can submit your application until 17 May 11:59 pm / before 18 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Mr J.G. Holstein
+31 50 3634780
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221103H