2 Assistant Professors in Innovation Management and Strategy (Non-Tenure Track)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The department of Innovation Management & Strategy at the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), University of Groningen, is looking for candidates to fill two full-time positions in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies, or related areas. We are looking for highly motivated candidates who demonstrate excellent teaching abilities, show interest in pursuing high-quality research, and willingness to collaborate with colleagues and PhD students of the faculty. All applicants should have completed their PhD or be close to completion.
The department is part of FEB, which is ranked among the top research institutions in Europe. FEB belongs to the 1% of business schools worldwide with both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations. FEB members publish in top general management journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Management Science, and Journal of Management, as well as leading disciplinary journals such as MIS Quarterly, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies. Our staff members are actively involved in many scholarly associations (AOM, AIS, EGOS, EURAM, SMS) and serve in editorial roles at leading international journals.
Based in the Northern Netherlands, the University of Groningen is one of the oldest and largest in the country and is consistently ranked within the top 100 universities in the world. It is a truly global institution with close collaborations with renowned international universities.
Duties for this position include primarily teaching responsibilities (80%) complemented by academic research (20%). Applicants must possess excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses offered by the department in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies and to supervise bachelor and master theses. Candidates should also have the capacity to conduct original research and publish in good management journals.
The position is situated in the department of Innovation Management & Strategy, which comprises eight Full Professors, 12 Associate Professors, 18 Assistant Professors, and 10 PhD students. We have a diverse department with more than 40% international staff members. The department covers a variety of interests and disciplinary backgrounds and embraces varied methodological approaches with a keen focus on quality in teaching and research. In our teaching and research, we value both theoretical significance and practical relevance. Opportunities to develop in teaching and research are encouraged and facilitated. The department contributes to degree programmes at the (honours) bachelor’s, master’s, research master’s, and PhD level and is responsible for the coordination of four Master of Science tracks: Change Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation Management, and Healthcare Management & Economics.
We encourage candidates who fulfil the following conditions to apply:
1. hold a PhD degree (or be close to completion) in fields connected to Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies
2. have interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
3. have demonstrable potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in good management journals
4. be part of a wide, relevant national and international network
5. be a collegial staff member with good communication skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 48 months.You will get an initial appointment for a period of four years on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the second year of employment.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunities employer. Since women are still under-represented in a number of fields, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
We offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,790 (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• participation in a pension scheme for employees.
• a fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this, rendering part of the salary exempt from tax.
We assume candidates to start by September 2021.
You are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter containing your motivation for the position
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. two letters of reference
4. two examples of publications and/or working papers
5. evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarised teaching evaluations)
Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
You can submit your application until 13 May 11:59pm / before 14 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. dr. Pedro de Faria
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221220-21
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Department of Innovation Management & Strategy Research programme Innovation & Organisation About Groningen