Assistant Professor Statistics (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage our 35,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. We belong to the best research universities in Europe and join forces with prestigious partner universities and networks; we are truly an international place of knowledge.
Our Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is a centre of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. We study issues relating to human behaviour, and the relationships between people and society as a whole. This includes the study of how people function under normal circumstances, but also of the problems encountered by individuals or groups, and how to resolve or prevent these.
The Department of Psychology is part of our faculty and we offer bachelor’s and master’s programmes in both Dutch and English to over 3,000 students. Our department's student population is very international; more than half of our students are non-Dutch and come from countries all over the world. We teach in Dutch as well as in English.
The Department of Psychology at the University of Groningen invites applicants for a permanent assistant professorship position in Statistics. This position will be located in the unit Psychometrics & Statistics.
The position combines teaching and research in the field of Statistics. In teaching, candidates are expected to teach statistics courses in the bachelor and master programmes (Dutch or English). Furthermore, the candidate will supervise master and PhD students. Participation in managerial committees related to the organisation of the programmes is expected.
In research, the candidate conducts scientific research in (applied) statistics. The candidate is expected to develop a research funding plan allowing her/him to attract external funding in the short/medium term.
- PhD degree in Psychology or related fields, or in Statistics, with a focus on applied statistics
- good publication record in international journals
- interest in teaching statistical techniques
- interest in innovating teaching methods
- interest in statistical consulting
- good command of English and, preferably, Dutch
- excellent communication skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,746 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,826 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position
• excluding 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus, participation in a pension scheme for employees and excellent secondary benefits. We offer 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full-time employment
• an appointment on a temporary basis for 2 years, with an outlook to a permanent contract.
The appointee will ideally commence on 1 August 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
For more detailed information about working conditions and working for the University of Groningen, please check: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/
You may apply for this position until 9 May 11.59 pm /before 10 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- a list of publications, statements of research and teaching interests.
The selection interviews will take place in May 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. R.R. Meijer
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221216
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:About the organization Additional information regarding the research programme and its members