Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Innovation Management and Strategy (2.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The department of Innovation Management & Strategy at the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), University of Groningen, is looking for candidates to fill two full-time, tenure-track positions in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies, or related areas. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who demonstrate excellent research and teaching abilities and willingness to collaborate with colleagues and PhD students of the faculty. All applicants should have completed their PhD or be close to completion.
The department is part of FEB, which is ranked among the top research institutions in Europe. FEB belongs to the 1% of business schools worldwide with both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations. FEB members publish in top general management journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Management Science, and Journal of Management, as well as leading disciplinary journals such as MIS Quarterly, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies. Our staff members are actively involved in many scholarly associations (AOM, AIS, EGOS, EURAM, SMS) and also serve in editor and editorial board roles at leading international journals.
Based in the Northern Netherlands, the University of Groningen is one of the oldest and largest in the country and is consistently ranked within the top 100 universities in the world. It is a truly global institution with close collaborations with renowned international universities.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting and publishing academic research as well as teaching, along with contributing to the service mission of the Department. Teaching responsibilities include courses in our bachelor and master programmes and thesis supervision at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level.
The position is situated in the department of Innovation Management & Strategy which comprises eight Full Professors, 12 Associate Professors, 18 Assistant Professors, and 10 PhD students. We have a diverse department with more than 40% international staff members. The department covers a variety of interests and disciplinary backgrounds and embraces varied methodological approaches with a keen focus on academic quality in research and teaching. We value research of both theoretical significance and practical relevance. We maintain a regular speaker series with guest speakers from leading institutions around the world, recently including Bocconi University, Cornell University, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Imperial College London, and London Business School among others. Research support and generous conference funding is provided through our research school SOM. Areas of research in the department include innovation, strategy, information systems, organisation studies, and entrepreneurship (see: http://www.rug.nl/feb/organization/scientific-departments/ims/). The department contributes to programmes at the (honours) bachelor’s, master’s, research master’s, and PhD level and is responsible for the coordination of four Master of Science tracks: Change Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation Management, and Healthcare Management & Economics.
We encourage candidates who fulfil the following conditions to apply:
- hold a PhD degree (or be close to completion) in fields connected to Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies
- have demonstrable potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top management journals
- have interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
- be part of a wide, relevant national and international network
- be a collegial staff member with good communication skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 84 months.We offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,746 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 5,826 gross per month (scale 12) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• participation in a pension scheme for employees
• a fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this, rendering part of the salary exempt from tax.
• an appointment for a period of seven years, attached is the condition that an evaluation will take place in the third year of the appointment. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the fifth or sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. Tenure Track system is a career path which, followed successfully, will lead to a tenured position as associate professor. The tenure track system 2020 applies.
We assume candidates to start by September 2021
You are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter containing your motivation for the position
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. two letters of reference
4. two examples of publications and/or working papers
5. evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarised teaching evaluations).
You can submit your application until 2 May 11:59 / before 3 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Pedro de Faria
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221178-79
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Research programme Innovation & Organisation About Groningen