Administrative assistant Education (and Admissions) (0.6 FTE)
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden at walking distance from the train station. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research and is strongly connected to regional and (inter)national stakeholders. Our philosophy is: finding local solutions for real-world global challenges. The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations give direction to our activities.
Campus Fryslân offers both bachelor and master degrees in Leeuwarden. Our ambition is to expand the amount of degree programmes in the coming years. At the moment, Campus Fryslân employs around 50 people and 35 PhD’s.
Due to the start of two new programmes in September 2021 and the growth of the student population, the team Education Support and Development is looking for administrative support.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be supporting both the Education Administration and the Admissions process for the Master’s programmes. You will be part of the Educational Support and Development team, consisting of 7 dedicated and enthusiastic members.
The following tasks will be part of the job:
● support the Education Administrative department with administrative tasks like: archiving, course registration, preparing diploma’s, etc.
● secretarial support of the degree programmes, for example planning educational events and meetings
● administrative tasks regarding the registration of new master’s students with a Dutch diploma
● support the Admissions Boards of the Master’s programmes, for example archiving and process results of assessments by the board
● preparing overview for internal reports.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated administrative experience.
The ideal candidate has:
● completed an administrative degree and/or >5 years experience in an administrative position
● preferably worked in a similar position with the University of Groningen or another Institute for Higher Education
● good written and oral communication skills in English
● work precisely and independently
● the ability to work in a dynamic situation.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience and up to a maximum of € 2,853 (salary scale 6) gross per month for a full-time position
- 8% holiday allowance, 8,3% year-end bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
- a contract initially for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension. At the end of the first year, an evaluation will take place to decide upon the extension.
Start date: 1 May 2021 or as soon as possible
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 23 February 11:59pm / before 24 February 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Chantal Vrijhof, Team manager Education Support and Development
+ 31 6 41149590
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221069E
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Campus Fryslân