Policy Officer Institutional Research Education and Research (0.8-1.0 FTE)
Bureau van de Universiteit
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen provides high-quality education and research, is internationally oriented, honours differences in ambitions and talents, actively cooperates with businesses, governments and citizens, and is among the top European universities.
The Strategy Department for Education & Research (SER) forms the pivot in the formulation of education at UG and research policy and is responsible for the implementation and updating of education and research policy processes. To this end, the department supports the Executive Board and the faculties in formulating, monitoring, evaluating and implementing education and research policy. Concrete working areas within the department include quality assurance in education and research, institutional research, student policy, funding, valorisation and innovation.
Analytical underpinning and evaluation of policy play an important role in the pursuit of 'informed decision making' by the Executive Board and Deans. SER is looking for a policy officer with experience and affinity at the intersection of education and research policy, data analysis and IT. If you are interested and experienced in initiating, coordinating, assisting and conducting policy-supporting research, analysing data and translating it into policy and strategy, and making policy proposals, then this position is for you.
The Strategy Department Education & Research (SER) of the University of Groningen (RUG) is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced colleague who will contribute as a collaborating foreman/woman to the coordination and further professionalisation of the administrative information provision with an emphasis on educational information.
You are responsible for supervising the collection and processing of Education data and report to policy makers and the Executive Board. To this end, you work closely with (IR) colleagues from the domains of Research, HR, IT and Finance and you participate in university and (inter)national consultations. The activities include:
● collecting, analysing and interpreting information (‘1cijferHO’, the National Student Survey, the National Alumni Survey, national and international rankings) and translating the results into policy proposals
● based on data files, you will create clear reports, in various design styles, automating the process to output as much as possible
● providing quantitative analyses for both internal and external quality assurance
● conducting policy evaluations or supporting policy implementers
● translating 'intelligence' to support policy and decision making.
We are looking for a colleague with:
● a completed university degree
● experience with editing and analysing data
● experience with Higher Education, its evaluation as well as internal and external quality assurance systems
● interest in policy, particularly Education and Student Policy
● experience in independently conducting complex analyses and translating policy questions into research questions
● familiarity with complex administrative information provision processes and systems
● an environment-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude and ability to take on a coordinating and enthusing role within their team
● experience with project management
● excellent communication skills, both in Dutch and English and both oral and written.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• depending on education and relevant work experience, a salary of at least € 2,790 (salary scale 10) and at most € 5,127 (salary scale 11) for full-time work
• 8% holiday allowance, 8,3% year-end bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• initially a temporary appointment for the period of one year, with a view to permanent employment if suitability is demonstrated.
Date of commencement of employment: as soon as possible
You can submit your application until 2 March 11:59pm / before 3 March 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Rutger Klein Nagelvoort, Director Education, Strategy Department Education & Research
+31 6 81521412
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221062E