Information and data specialist in economics and business/spatial sciences
University of Groningen Library (UB)
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen (UG) ranks among the best research universities in Europe and has an international focus. We are socially active and committed to our surroundings. Our staff put their academic passion to good use, researching and teaching in a wide range of fields. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their talents to the full. The talents, ambitions and achievements of the 35.000 students and 6.000 members of staff are rewarded wherever possible.
To find out more about the UG, visit: http://www.rug.nl/about-us
The University Library
The University of Groningen Library (UB) is our university's information hub. We are creative and professional with a focus on our customers. We offer various services in the field of academic information provision for teaching and research. These services include excellent historical and modern library collections. We are recruiting an information and data specialist in economics and business/spatial sciences to join our department of Teaching and Research Support at our library.
Within the department of Teaching and Research Support in the Public Services section, your tasks as an information and data specialist will include the following:
• be the point of contact for questions and requests about the UB collection for the Faculty of Spatial Sciences and Economics and Business and represent the interests, with regard to information provision, of these faculties
• play an important role in the FAIR research data management support services of the Groningen Digital Competence Centre (GDCC) to your faculties
• act as the Faculty liaison officer for researchers/lecturers
• functional manager of the most used data files
• provide informational material and workshops to students on the use of data files
• test and evaluate new resources of content and functionality
• work closely together with license management staff in coordinating, adjusting and evaluating parts of the digital collection
• give advice to the Library Committee in terms of collection building and data files.
Who you are
• Are you a hardworking, proactive person with good networking skills? You are passionate about the information needs of academic teaching and research of our staff and students. You are aware of the latest developments in information provision.
• a university degree in economics or business (MSc level or higher)
• an excellent verbal and written skills in both Dutch and English
• a proficient consultancy skills
• an experience in working with data files in the area of business economics
• a past experience with project-based work or be prepared to train for this (PRINCE2 Foundation)
• an experience with the functional management of ICT systems is an advantage.
The following competences are important for this position: analytical capabilities, customer orientation, entrepreneurship, environmental awareness, communication skills, persuasive abilities and result orientation.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a maximum salary, depending on qualifications and experience, of € 4,402 (salary scale 10) gross per month for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• an appointment of 0.8-1.0 FTE for the duration of one year. A performance appraisal will be held after eight months, and if this is positive and suitability has been proven, you are then appointed for an indefinite period.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Date of entry into employment: as soon as possible
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 2 March 11:59pm / before 3 March 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Rienk Withaar, former Head of Education Support
+31 50 365478
Ryanka Hazekamp, HR Advisor (only for questions about the application procedure)
+31 50 3636789
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221059E