Professor Energy Law (0.8-1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Law
University of Groningen
The Groningen Law Faculty is a modern (inter)nationally-oriented Faculty with a broad and classic profile. While it has a four hundred year old tradition, it keeps renewing its teaching continually to educate broadly-oriented and skilled lawyers. The Faculty’s research to a large extent transcends legal fields and is multidisciplinary in nature. With some 4,900 students and nearly 400 members of staff, the Faculty is a mid-sized Faculty in the University of Groningen.
Within the Faculty of Law of the University, the Chair of Energy Law becomes vacant in July 2021. This is a structural 0.8-1.0 FTE position within the Faculty. The Chair is placed in the Energy Law section of the Department of Business Law, European Law and Tax Law.
The Professor to be appointed will undertake teaching and research in the field of Energy Law.
The function involves:
• coordinating and delivering (with others) teaching (including continuing education (post-academic education)) in Dutch and English and taking responsibility for the quality of teaching in the field of energy law
• conducting, initiating, supervising and leading research in the field of energy law, including obtaining means of financing such research
• participating in bodies and committees servicing the Faculty Board and associated institutions.
The candidate must possess:
• recognised expertise in the field of energy law, as attested by excellent research publications in international peer-reviewed journals
• wide-ranging and a profound knowledge of the entire field of international, European and Dutch energy law
• outstanding didactic qualities, as attested by subject evaluations, and an inspiring vision about teaching; the candidate must be able to teach energy law in Dutch and English in a clear and enthusiastic manner
• extensive research experience and experience in acquisition of and participation in research projects; experience in supervision of doctoral candidate
• experience in initiating, participating in and leading of (multi-/interdisciplinary) research projects, also with societal stakeholders
• the ability to further profile the Chair nationally and internationally
• proven leadership and administrative capacities, a cooperative and connecting attitude, the ability to cooperate with other researchers in the faculty and beyond
• a broad network within the academic community, the energy sector and/or legal practice
• international contacts in the field.
Conditions of employmentWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and experience and will range between € 5,749 and € 8,371 (salary scale H2) gross per month for a full-time appointment
- a permanent appointment as Full Professor 2
- Date of entry into service: in consultation with the parties concerned
If you wish, you may request a copy of the structure report from Ms. A.H. Santing-Wubs, email: email@example.com
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae
• list of publications.
You can submit your application until 13 December 11:59pm / before 14 December 2020 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The interviews will take place in early 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. W.D. Kolkman, Dean of the Faculty of Law
+31 50 3636143
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 220388