Administrative Secretary (0.8 FTE)
University College Groningen
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, for more than 400 years rooted in the city of Groningen, The Netherlands. The University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists. The University of Groningen hosts 32,000 students and 5,600 staff members from home and abroad. The university consists of 11 faculties, 9 graduate schools, 55 bachelor programmes, of 26 English-taught and 111 master programmes of 95 English-taught.
University College Groningen (UCG) is a faculty of the University of Groningen and is looking for an administrative secretary. The Faculty was created in September 2014 and currently hosts an English-taught Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) programme. Staff and students are highly internationally diverse. The Department of Student Affairs in UCG is responsible for the adequate support of the Faculty, including students and staff from the Liberal Arts and Sciences programme. Tasks within the Department include time tabling, course registration, course evaluation and communication to students and staff in person at the student desk and through email correspondence.
Student Affairs is in need of an enthusiastic and flexible entry-level colleague with the ability to fulfil a number of different tasks including:
• managing outgoing and incoming email correspondence for the secretariat
• data entry
• basic data analysis
• minute taking at meetings
• assisting in the organisation and/or hosting of events
• carrying out other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a new colleague with the following skills, abilities and qualifications:
• affinity with and understanding of an academic environment
• good speaking and writing skills in English and Dutch
• good computer skills: Office, including advanced Excel skills, Google environment
• knowledge of Blackboard and/or other university content management systems is a plus.
Competencies: hard worker, accurate, energetic, cooperative and focused on results, hands-on mentality, able to operate in a dynamic international environment.
We are looking for a team player who is interested in taking on a wide variety of tasks.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a minimum gross salary of € 1,914 and a maximum of € 2,723 (salary scale 5) with a fulltime working week
• a one year position with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
• the UFO profile of Administrative Secretary 4 applies.
Start date is 1 September 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents in English:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You may apply for this position until 13 August 2020 23.59h by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code and European Commission's: European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Elizabeth Mix, PhD
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 220267